Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rn110 hilux 1GGZE conversion

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Bullfrog's Avatar

Default Re: Rn110 hilux 1GGZE conversion

yeh when i measured it all up there aint much room left still thats why the invented shoe horns and mig welders.
    Hilux RN110

1G-GZE Gen 3 Conversion currently underway

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia infotechplus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog
    yeh when i measured it all up there aint much room left still thats why the invented shoe horns and mig welders.
    I've ditched the fan blade and mounting unit off the engine, and gone to a thermo fan setup which will give me a fair bit of front area clear.

I'm buying a thermo fan switch which will allow me to set the temp at which the fan kicks in. Much nicer setup.

Got the thermo 14" unit from the local Supercheap Auto store, about $80. They have smaller units too 12" 10" and 8".

Cheers,
    Peter

well i was in the shed for i bit last night and out of the two flywheels i got with the motor one doesnt fit it is a six bolter but holes too far apart and the other is way too small (surface area is abput 205mm) i had a niggling feeling that it was all working out a little too easy. so have to find out what they are off and try and move them on and find a gen 3 flywheel now.

And i still have no idea what the IPE pin is for, Someone has to know.
    Hilux RN110

well i was in the shed for i bit last night and out of the two flywheels i got with the motor one doesnt fit it is a six bolter but holes too far apart and the other is way too small (surface area is abput 205mm) i had a niggling feeling that it was all working out a little too easy. so have to find out what they are off and try and move them on and find a gen 3 flywheel now.

Maybe Sideshow Jim might know. He's pretty cluey on things electrical. He's in Qld at the moment but I'm sure when he gets back he might be able to check it out for you.

Sideshow's Performance Wiring: http://spw.starkie.net/

Peter

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Spectre's Avatar

You can use Gen 1, 2 or 3 1GGTE flywheels, Gen 3 having the largest clutch face, 1 and 2 have the same smaller clutch face.

Well am slowly getting things organised for the change over have sorted out all the wiring now so that’s one big hurdle done. It took some time but I think I have got it right (well it all looks good on paper!!!!)

And as the mad end of year rush is finished I will have a bit more time on my hands as work has slowed down a bit so no more late night's at work.

Now its time to chase up a few parts I will need.

A great big thanks to Infotech for his awesome thread as he is well ahead in a similar build and I can use some of his idea's so keep those posts coming infotech you are doing great

Here are some pics of my lux its a bit dirty as stage 4 water restrictions stop us from washing our cars yeh you can go to the car wash but i hate em.

And as you can see i have a few dints and scratches on the old girl that need fixing up and a descent set of mags woundn't hurt either but having been on many trips with her from perth to townsville and most places in between she has never missed a beat.

Last edited by Bullfrog; 03-01-2007 at 07:35 PM.
    Hilux RN110

Hi All,

WelI have been flat out with work and my other passion has started up again for the year so not much work has been done on the conversion as such.

I have just recieved a flywheel this week from jackel it is a gen 1/2 , so go get a clutch sorted next week then out with the old and in with the new this month hopefully .
    I have ploted the engine and car in cad and partly design the engine mounts to suite. It is very handy having a father in law who is a mechanical engineer ( pity he isnt automotive engineer would have been ace when it comes to getting it engineered )

Good thing is i hardly have to modify anything the sump hits the steering arm as with infotech's conversion but only by 50mm .
    And the room to the front is tight have worked out i will have approx 15mm beetween the s/c and radiator utilizing the nissan slim radiator.

Cheers Bullfrog
    Hilux RN110

Junior Member Domestic Engineer mic*'s Avatar

Bullfrog,

Did you end up finding a wiring diagram or just worked it out? Cant find one for a waste spark 1GGZE (gen 3). Having CAS issues and dunno what to do...
    meh...

Hi Mic*,

I couldn't find a gze wiring diagrams so i spent a few hours modifying a the gte version. As for your CAS problems im no expert in this area i suggest a good old search through the archives and hope somebody has had the same problem.

Good luck mate sorry.
    Hilux RN110

Infotech has posted my diagram up somewhere if you cant find it pm me and ill get it to ya.
    Hilux RN110

ok so after 2 years ,2 job changes ,2 address changes , another baby and months and months of termoil its time to do this bloody conversion.

I've pulled the trusty old 22r out gone shopping for bits and pieces and thought hey lets bolt everything together and make sure i haven't missed forgotten or just been plain dumb .

So on goes the new ( Bright Pink ) hd clutch on goes the bellhousing oh hang on umm ahh YOU'RE JOKING i says to myself, but no the bellhousing i got with the engine bolts to the gearbox but not the engine.

Here is a picture of it if anybody can tell me what its from and yes its up for sale or swap.

And now comes the i need a bellhousing for a 1g post.
    So anybody out there with a 1g bell sitting around let me know, As the lux needs to get moving.
    Hilux RN110

Also i found some issues with the 1ggze wiring so will edit and update pics.

Pete if your still floating around you never gave any feedback on hope the lux performed after your conversion was finished.
    Hilux RN110

Junior Member Domestic Engineer crowncustom's Avatar

Looks like its a M series bellhousing.
    Cheers Brett.

Pete if your still floating around you never gave any feedback on hope the lux performed after your conversion was finished.
    Yeah, I'm still lurking around on here, mate.

Can't help you with the bellhousing issue. Looks like nothing I'm familiar with.

As for the Lux and the 1GGZE conversion - was sorry to see it go after all the work we put into it (me, my mate and the Toymods community ) but it was a great package to drive. The power delivery was awesome, the brakes were well up to it, and it got attention when I popped the bonnet.

Good luck with it. It's been a long time.

Peter
    OMG - Winner of the Official "Forum Comment of the Week"!