Thread: Soarer V8 my new toy

Forum Member

Red face Soarer V8 my new toy

well it all started that i have been looking around for a little while as i wanted a V8 for something different. then then wife found out she need to back for another operation on her foot and wont able to drive a manual for about 6-8 months. last time we had just borrowed a family members car but this time i seized the opportunity to look for something new
    so i spent most of my time looking for a Commodore but stumbled on to the old Toyota V8's started looking and found this diamond in the rough for $850 (love gum tree)
    any way the story goes it belonged to an old man who passed away the kids did not want it any more so they just handed in the plates and had a friend sell it off quick
    so i had a quick look 300,000km the suspension was down and alternator was pulled off. and cooling system was drained ? but i don't know why
    i took a gamble and got it.
    some how got it on an off a trailer. that was a task in it self being so low. got it back to my work
    spent some time on Sunday afternoon finding some bolts and getting motor back together.
    got her all running so far so good and abs light was on the dash but we could clear it with a snap-on scan tool but i have not road tested it yet
    suspension is still down. but i will be pulling the front bumper off it tonight and have a closer look at he pump on that r/h side
    i hope i can get this back on the road easy then i can play with it as i go.
    well i am happy any way have a look at the pic's

Last edited by Mato; 06-09-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: Soarer V8 my new toy

hey dude if you want to start a build log you might wanna post this in the member's rides section
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

RZN169R+2JZGTEVVTI+R151 Domestic Engineer madmont's Avatar

Last edited by madmont; 06-02-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    Jealousy is a curse

Junior Member Grease Monkey

its very possible someone has messed with the height sensors to get it to sit that low.
    check for aftermarket height controller as well.

good luck with the car. i have one and love it. shit scared of when all the soarer-isms start happening though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenmac80 View Post
    its very possible someone has messed with the height sensors to get it to sit that low.
    check for aftermarket height controller as well.

good luck with the car. i have one and love it. shit scared of when all the soarer-isms start happening though.
    nope air suspension was not working as because of the hit on the r/h front it had puncher a hole in the suspension air dryer
    and when i looked at close to 700 for a new one i decided to patch the old one and now it is working all good :-)

but ow i am having ABS problems mainly
    ABS fault code 21
    front right open short in abs actuator solenoid (sfr)

and also coming up with TRC code 43

i have checked for an damage at the r/h front but all looks ok but looking at the abs module it looks like it may have been changed as it has wrecker markings saying soarer v8 on it.
    so now i am trying to find any information to help if anyone has anything ??? it would be a big help