Thread: GZ20 1JZ conversion.

KE25 legendary Backyard Mechanic Robbo's Avatar

Default GZ20 1JZ conversion.

Hey people's

i'm upto the wiring stage of my conversion,
    alot of the wiring is basically straight forward...well..i hope it will workout when i turn the key..haha
    anyway,my donor front cut had an analog speedo,my soarer has digital speedo,does anyone have the digital dash pinouts?
    the ones for the speedo,tacho ,fuel and temp guages.
    any help is much appreciated,thanx

Rob
    !!! BAN LOW PERFORMANCE DRIVERS NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS !!!

私のトヨタはある従って速い均一死んだ人叫ぶ!

Just Soarin' Automotive Encyclopaedia derekjay's Avatar

Default Re: GZ20 1JZ conversion.

I'm bumping this because I would like to know the digital dash pinouts from a gz20. The connectors on the back look exactly the same as the MZ12.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Default Re: GZ20 1JZ conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Hey people's

i'm upto the wiring stage of my conversion,
    alot of the wiring is basically straight forward...well..i hope it will workout when i turn the key..haha
    anyway,my donor front cut had an analog speedo,my soarer has digital speedo,does anyone have the digital dash pinouts?
    the ones for the speedo,tacho ,fuel and temp guages.
    any help is much appreciated,thanx

Rob
    im not really 100% with your gz20 but i know the a70 supras with digital dash run a cable drive speedo to the back of the cluster and its then converted to a digital signal for the dash... looking at the pic above however it seems yours will not allow for this so cant help you much there...

as for the other gauges...
    Fuel gauge i would of thought should still work as it should be part of the body loom of the car you shouldnt of needed to remove any of that...
    water temp in an a70 is negatively triggered... there is a smaller rectangle plug under the dash near the ecu i believe it is usually a yellow wire with a green stripe or something... should be able to check the colour on the upper neck of the water pump and trace it back then test the dash side by flicking it on a grounding point and see if your gauge moves...

the tacho i cannot recall but the signal wire would be best coming from the ignitor in my experience... its one of the wires on the 4 wire plug to it... from memory the black one... and with the car running you could just test with a wire running from it to the rectangle plug and quickly tap it on the pins to test which one makes the tacho move... and then connect once you find it...

reverse lights should also be in the same rectangle plug...

NOTE:
    these are all my assumptions based on my knowledge of a70s the GZ20 i would assume is very similar though being same era and same chassis