Thread: SV21 Rattles when accelerating, and can feel rattle in pedal

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default SV21 Rattles when accelerating, and can feel rattle in pedal

after getting my transmission fixed i drove my car around 200kms, before it started to get this rattle when ever i accelerated, you can also feel it in the gas pedal. you can hear it inside the car, and outside the car, and if u rev it and stick your head at the right front wheel u can hear it really clearly, people turn there heads when ever i accelerate out of a corner .

any ideas of what this could be ?

Classic Not Plastic Domestic Engineer ace's Avatar

Default Re: SV21 Rattles when accelerating, and can feel rattle in pedal

I've got ideas on what it is but take it back to the place that fixed your transmission. I'm guessing you got the apprentice.
    My TA22
    Quote Originally Posted by gianttomato about new cars
    Yeah sure, it goes alright and it's got air conditioning, cup holders and automatic tampon removers, but where's the charm?

Quote Originally Posted by ace
    I've got ideas on what it is but take it back to the place that fixed your transmission. I'm guessing you got the apprentice.
    im taking it back on tuesday, what ideas do you have in mind ? the govener was replaced when i had it fixed.

Junior Member Carport Converter Dale's Avatar

So you hear the noise while free-revving the engine? If so then it's unlikely to be transmission related.. especially not if you hear it on the drivers side front wheel.. maybe an engine mount is loose or something along those lines

Quote Originally Posted by ace
    Whole lot of help that is.. if you have ideas; share them!
    I am the sun

Quote Originally Posted by Dale
    So you hear the noise while free-revving the engine? If so then it's unlikely to be transmission related.. especially not if you hear it on the drivers side front wheel.. maybe an engine mount is loose or something along those lines
    yep, when free revving, and when accelerating, does not happen when idling or coasting along.

I'm sure u could hear it just as well from the other side of the car, but it seems to be from the back of the engine bay not the front, which could cancel the transmission making the noise.

it does seem like engine mounts the car also vibrates while idling, which i forgot to mention.

thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dale
    Whole lot of help that is.. if you have ideas; share them!
    exactly, i wouldn't mind some ideas so i know if i can drive the thing or not while its making this noise...

could the engine be pinging ? it sounds like theres a tin can in my engine and its bouncing around when accelerating.

Im still just a......... Backyard Mechanic NoRecall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thraxeh
    could the engine be pinging ? it sounds like theres a tin can in my engine and its bouncing around when accelerating.
    Never a good noise!

Could be a incorrectly fitted bearing (just guessing) ?
    From Tassie?
    Join Up with ToyoTas Now - http://toyotas.proboards.com/ - The First Toyota Car Club in Tas