Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #12 - Sunday 15th October 2006 @ 9.30am!

I'll think of something.. Backyard Mechanic -NiCkeL-'s Avatar

Default Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #12 - Sunday 15th October 2006 @ 9.30am!

Here is a proposed plan for our next meet/cruise. Details will be amended as new information/additions come to hand - get ready for this one guys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #12 – 15th October, 2006

Contact Details: Andrew 0413-889-068

Date: Sunday, 15th October, 2006

Meeting Location: Northland Shopping Centre Carpark (Off Murray Rd next to the Police Station), Preston – Melways Map 19, Reference B 12.

Time: 9.30am.

Welcome ladies and gentleman to the plans for the next Classic Celica Club of Victoria cruise! This will take place in about a months time, so that’s plenty of time for everyone to get their rides up and going and for everyone else to get their cars ready to have a crack at smoking Marcus!

This cruise has been planned by one of our faithful members “Stoney” aka Craig who always finds his way to our events, rain hail or shine! I’m not familiar with the route, so any questions regarding stopping locations or the like I can forward onto him and try and get a response. We should have an outline of the cruise with a map shortly.

We are planning on meeting at 9.30am and departing at 10.30am sharp! The location for departure is at Northland Shopping Centre Carpark in Preston, the carpark off Murray Road next to the police station there. We should have our large banner out so that people can find us easily (Kindly donated by Crazy…you know you are a champ!).

Leaving from the Northland Shopping Centre at 10.30am, we are heading through Eltham and onto Kangaroo Ground. These are not built up areas, but are 60km zones in most areas – good scenery and it’ll give everyone a chance to cruise in formation!

From here we are heading to Yarra Glen via Christmas Hills. Continuing on we’ll cut through the edge of Healesville so we can reach some twisting corners through Toolangi to give the cruise a bit more spice! Onwards and upwards, we plan to have a stop at Yea where we will stopping for lunch and perhaps a refuel (for those who thrashed their cars *trying* to smoke Marcus!). There is plenty to eat in Yea with plenty of parking for us to sit and enjoy and take in the surroundings.

After we leave Yea we are heading through Flowerdale, Kinglake and St Andrews which is apparently an awesome road! From here we go through Arthurs Creek and Nufield. The cruise will finish in Diamond Creek where we can stop, chat and go our separate ways for another month!

The cruise will be about 210km in length, so make sure you bring a *full* tank of fuel and if you’ve got them, CB radios!

Also note – Merchandise will be available on the day! Classic Celica Club of Victoria hats will be available @ $15 each, as well as rear window stickers for just $4 each! We will also have CD’s for just $3 each..
    Classic Celica Club of Victoria - http://cccvic.cjb.net

http://www.classiccelicas.com.au - The place to go for all things Classic Celica...

Photographer and Backyard Mechanic Rinmax's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #12 - Sunday 15th October 2006 @ 9.30am!

Hmmm sounds interesting, I may just have to tag along.
    "It's an ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place." - JM

"A Ferrari is a scaled down version of god while a Porsche is a Beetle with mustard up its bottom." - JC

Default Re: Classic Celica Club of Victoria Meet #12 - Sunday 15th October 2006 @ 9.30am!

Plenty of time to rest up from the weekend before...we didn't mean to scare you last time! hehe

http://www.classiccelicas.com.au - The place to go for all things Classic Celica...

Official Off Topic KING! Conversion King stradlater's Avatar

What's on the CD?

I might come depends on what state the car is in.

Actually, probably not ,seeing as i get back from perth the day before, but hey, you never know your luck!
    Facebook | LinkedIn

1976 RA23 Celica - 1UZFTE ???rwkw - Earlier: 11.6 @ 116.9mph But Now: ??
    2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Coupe - 421kW 0-100 3.1.....
    2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 350 - 200kW...

Come on Strad, you know you want to come!

Eddie made the CD, I think there are heaps of photos, parts manuals, catalogues, etc.

Official Off Topic KING! Conversion King stradlater's Avatar

Nickel, you were the bloke that came to my house to get that stuff yeah?
    Facebook | LinkedIn

1976 RA23 Celica - 1UZFTE ???rwkw - Earlier: 11.6 @ 116.9mph But Now: ??
    2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Coupe - 421kW 0-100 3.1.....
    2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 350 - 200kW...

Hmm, I don't think so...when was that?

Junior Member Domestic Engineer shelldrake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stradlater
    Once again, to clarify....That was me Strad! Lol (Shelldrake - Eddie, Nickel - Andrew)
    Assumption is the mother of all f**kups...

One day I'll start to remember everyones names too. lol.
    "It's an ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place." - JM

"A Ferrari is a scaled down version of god while a Porsche is a Beetle with mustard up its bottom." - JC

Hmm me n kickn5k were lookin for a cruise. would it be alright to tag along with a corolla maybe two?

Junior Member Domestic Engineer shelldrake's Avatar

sure man! More the merrier!
    Assumption is the mother of all f**kups...

Obama Family Friendly Backyard Mechanic 74sLeeka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stradlater
    you didnt mean the printer and scanner ?

cos that was me

sounds like this bad boy is pretty far away, considering i live 4 seconds away from EASTLand
    either way, tonight ill make sure im not workin, tellin them i gotta make one of these cruises sooner or later ! ..and start saving 4 all da petrol

p.s. i wanna see someone in a '22 smoke the sh!!!!!t outta marcus
    Rides:
    1974 TA22 Celica 2T-GEU - Gone
    1989 ST162R Celica 3S-GE - Stock Daily
    2005 Honda CB250 - New Toy

sweet. we'll be there even tho we're comin from frankston, but the journey will be worth it to check out some cool cars. can't wait

Lick my hairy Backyard Mechanic Turdinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 74sLeeka
    p.s. i wanna see someone in a '22 smoke the sh!!!!!t outta marcus
    Your just jealous that i've got bigger cams AND carbi's and my car still idles smoother than yours!!!

But i'll be there so bring on the smokers. (Just no turbos. Unless its turbo diesel of course)

P.S. Hows that alternator holding up? Your lights still looked a little dim when you left Eddies...

(Warning smoking is a health hazard)
    Last edited by Turdinator; 15-09-2006 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Incorrect smiley usage

Well as its the Soarer, I'm sure you will be able to keep up with an overweight turbo car