Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4agte suzuki sierra!

Forum Member

Default 4agte suzuki sierra!

Hey guys,am in the middle of a 4agte conversion and was just chasing some advice.The motor,a dead standard early bigport gze has been fitted to a suzuki sierra.The car is being built on a tight budget,with a target of 150 rwkw.It will include,microtech,custom exhaust manifold,garrett gt28rs,standard injectors,big cooler,3inch straight through zorst,standard ignition, bolted to a t50 gearbox.Boost will be controlled by an e boost,how much should i run to achieve my target?I know the injectors will be at there limit,and am concerned about running lean with too much boost.Anyone out there got a similar combo?

Junior Member Carport Converter 4agte's Avatar

Default Re: 4agte suzuki sierra!

you can buy 440cc 7mgte supra injectors for like $150 that way you wont be limited.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

i havent gone turbo on my gze yet, but ive read a bit about it, from what ive seen about 12 psi should get u into that power range.

Also that 3 inch exhaust system is way to big, u really want 2.5inch.

Forum Member

Thanks,not really chasing anymore power,as i have a little concern that sierra diffs will not be up to the task. The car has been built with the t50,will this be sufficient as it is 4wd and has low range aswell.Does any one know how much longer a w58 is over a t50?Space is a problem as a transfer case must go in there somewhere?

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Hokey's Avatar

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=225
    That has the gearbox comparisons. If you are worried about breaking diffs chuck some GU diffs in there you know you want to what othere mods have you done to the car? sprung over, tyre sizes?
    Cheers, Calvin

broken down ex guru Chief Engine Builder feral4mr2's Avatar

4agtezook, would love to see some pics man. i've seen 4age's in suzuki's and always thought a 4agze would be awesome for off road with the low down torque etc. of the blower.
    i am doing a turbo conversion on my feroza, would love to put a 4agze into it but will see how it goes with the original engine turbo'd for now.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Nice to see some one doing some thing similar to me I but a 2tgeu in my Suzuki serra for $1500 that includes the megasquirt ecu, compliance and every thing but I did do it all my self here is the web link. im thinking of doing a turbo conversion or supercharging my zook too.

http://toymods.net/forums/showthread...2228#post52228

let us no how it goes, or if you have any Q.

bevo
    Last edited by BEV051; 16-02-2006 at 04:52 PM.

Ghetto Goodness Automotive Encyclopaedia Ghetto-AW11's Avatar

You will need more than 12psi. Around 14-16 psi should see you there depending on the motors condition
    Homebrew, triumph triple, turbo aw11

ToyotaCarClub.net Domestic Engineer Starfire's Avatar

For your projected power output I would be a little concerned about maxing out the injectors. Resist the temptation to fit a rising rate fuel regulator or to increase the fuel pressure - these are bandaid approaches.

As stated the 7mgte injectors are cheap and bolt in. If you are going to replace them get them cleaned and flowed. Make sure you replace the o-rings too. Old injector o-rings are bad news.

Good luck with the conversion - I really like the sierra and the 4AGZE. Combining the two should make for a cracker of a car
    1987 AW11 MR2 Supercharger (4AGZE)
    1974 TA22 Celica (2TG bored and stroked)

Thanks to James Cameron's Terminator films, we know that robots are stronger, faster, tougher and more Austrian than the rest of us.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Personally I would be a bit concerned about how long th T50 is going to last in your setup. Your going to ask it to put around four times the power that it's used to through it.

Currently I'm running a T50 with a 4A-GTE but will be swapping it for a W57 most likely. And very soon.

Sounds like an interesting project! Good luck with it.

AVGAS DRINKING Carport Converter 30psi 4agte's Avatar

A W57 with a nite parts bellhousing (to adapt to 4a) is basicly exactly the same length.

About 5mm shorter from memory.

what? Automotive Encyclopaedia EVOSTi's Avatar

3in exhaust too big? rubbish. no such thing as too big on a turbo car. myself and many others are running 3in on 4a's, a friend even went to 3in after first having 2.5in.

the power you want should be safe an easy aslong as you go for the 7mgte injectors as mentioned, which are very cheap compared to the money you are already spending on turbo, ecu etc.

i think your diffs will be fine on a budget, but how big is your budget? i personally think keeping the engine supercharged would be better than turbo, especially a GT28RS might be a bit laggy for offroad. what are you planning on using the car for?

i take it youre already on outer limits?

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Yep mine 3inches with pretty much full flow, and its loving it.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Junior Member Grease Monkey Cruiser97_80's Avatar

There's a suzuki stockman getting around here with a 4agze in it.
    Suzuki diffs won't last very long with your conversion.
    This stockman has cut and shut hilux diffs with hilux brakes.
    1990 ST185 GT4 3SGTE
    1991 ST184 SX 3SGTE
    1991 SW20 GT 3SGTE
    1998 ST215 GTT 3SGTE
    2008 VDJ200 Sahara

Junior Member Grease Monkey

if you worried bout diffs go with hilux or 60 series landcruiser diffs not to much modding and you can find heaps of them for sale pre modded!! i would say they will go though..
    i hav an 89 zook stock motor running rock hopper case gears and a MIG locker in the rear and i just recently smashed the shite out of the rear diff, i know the welded diff didnt help but you are gonna be putting a lot more power through then i was!! and as you prob know the drive shafts are weak as shit to!! just somthing that a bigger diff will fix!!
    but my opinion would be drive it till it breaks,, this will give the other forbies a chance coz the ZOOKS always dominate in the bush