Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a question about my Posts per day count?

someone say 2t-ze? Automotive Encyclopaedia gerald1's Avatar

Default a question about my Posts per day count?

ok it says i make 1.03 posts per day on my user page thing found here:

http://toymods.net/forums/member.php?u=1067

but then if i go to my list of all the posts ive made and to the last page found here:

http://toymods.net/forums/search.php...&pp=25&page=20

then you see my actual total number of posts is 476.

now if you go to the original link of my user profile thing it says ive been on the forums 267 days.

now

476/267 = 1.782

which is what my posts per day should be.....

sorry its just something thats anoying me. I think my maths is correct. just wondering why the forums has it wrong??

thanks
    gerald
    ta22 Green with cream vinyl roof, 2t/3t hybrid with a few go fast bits on + 5 speed.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Default Re: a question about my Posts per day count?

Hi,

I think it counts the number of posts you have done in the Technical and General car forums, not the other forums.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

oooooooh, then id better start posting it up in the general car talk and tech forums hey

thanks old fella
    gez
    ta22 Green with cream vinyl roof, 2t/3t hybrid with a few go fast bits on + 5 speed.

Hi,

Yes. Good idea.

The forums are supposed to be technically orientated and that is why posts in the non-tech threads are not counted. However, that doesn't mean the posts that some people put into the tech threads are worthy.

seeyuzz
    river

Quote Originally Posted by river
    Hi,

Yes. Good idea.

The forums are supposed to be technically orientated and that is why posts in the non-tech threads are not counted. However, that doesn't mean the posts that some people put into the tech threads are worthy.

seeyuzz
    river
    Rona

gez

Genuine Hotty. Conversion King old_mr2's Avatar

more like 'old corollas'

Junior Member Domestic Engineer ZZE92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerald1
    oooooooh, then id better start posting it up in the general car talk and tech forums hey

thanks old fella
    gez
    Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on the quality per post, not the post per day count?
    Cheers,
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    the snatch has been through hell and back and is still kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by AE92GTi
    Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on the quality per post, not the post per day count?
    OOOOH but i do i do. look at my rep count. Hell i know nothing about cars! yet my rep count is up there cos every comment i post, i think about what im saying.

sad thing is its true :'(

gez

Junior Member Conversion King Jorrs's Avatar

good boy
    What is autosalon? Sounds kinda homo.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooch
    It's extremely homo. Basically a whole lot of sh1t cars, with ugly wheels, and a lot of 16-20 year old rockstars with trendy mullets and gay shirts.
    Slayer Of Toymods Wookie Slayers

back into it Chief Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by gerald1
    OOOOH but i do i do. look at my rep count. Hell i know nothing about cars! yet my rep count is up there cos every comment i post, i think about what im saying.

sad thing is its true :'(

gez
    yeh same here!

Hi,

Hmmmm..... to check your PPR (Post Per Rep), divide your post count by (rep - 10). You subtract 10 from your rep 'cos we all start with 10 before we put in a single post.

The higher the number, the more posts you are putting in per reputation point.

For example.......

7MA61 => 2493 posts with a rep of 239 => 2493/(239-10) = 10.88 posts per rep point
    Kingmick => 2304 posts with a rep of 475 => 2304/(475-10) = 4.95 posts per rep point
    oldcorollas => 2527 posts with a rep of 715 => 2527/(715-10) = 3.64 posts per rep point
    river = 1279 posts with a rep of 640 => 1279/(640-10) = 2.03 posts per rep point
    Gerald1 => 270 posts with a rep of 154 => 270/(154-10) = 1.87 posts per rep point

Yes, the above maths is fairly mickey-mouse and is only there for indicative purposes only.

So, based on the above, Gerald1 is getting (on average) a rep point for less than every two posts - which is pretty good. While you can throw in more posts to up your post-count, it's also prudent to see if your post/rep ratio stays low 'cos that implies you have put in more quality (for want of a better word) that people reward you for.

However, all posts are worthy if you don't get a mass of -ve rep for them. People should use the rep system to award helpful posts, as well as those posts that may tickle their funny bone and make them smile.

I think the comment that infers that old_corollas being a post whore are unfounded as he has the highest rep, and the more posts you do the harder it is to keep your post/rep ratio low. I think he's doing a sterling job, offers much technical insight and commentary, and he beats up the odd wookie or three. And don't forget he was one of the first on the new forums where rep points where worth only 1. It took time to build up to be able to award multiple points, which is a great advantage to new comers to the forums when someone like rona, km, oc, cruzida or myself (and numerous others) give out, and taketh away, a bucket load of rep.

seeyuzz
    river
    Last edited by river; 29-08-2006 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by river
    Hi,

Hmmmm..... to check your PPR (Post Per Rep), divide your post count by (rep - 10). You subtract 10 from your rep 'cos we all start with 10 before we put in a single post.

The higher the number, the more posts you are putting in per reputation point.

For example.......

7MA61 => 2493 posts with a rep of 239 => 2493/(239-10) = 10.88 posts per rep point
    Kingmick => 2304 posts with a rep of 475 => 2304/(475-10) = 4.95 posts per rep point
    oldcorollas => 2527 posts with a rep of 715 => 2527/(715-10) = 3.64 posts per rep point
    river = 1279 posts with a rep of 640 => 1279/(640-10) = 2.03 posts per rep point
    Gerald1 => 270 posts with a rep of 154 => 270/(154-10) = 1.87 posts per rep point

Yes, the above maths is fairly mickey-mouse and is only there for indicative purposes only.

So, based on the above, Gerald1 is getting (on average) a rep point for less than every two posts - which is pretty good. While you can throw in more posts to up your post-count, it's also prudent to see if your post/rep ratio stays low 'cos that implies you have put in more quality (for want of a better word) that people reward you for.

However, all posts are worthy if you don't get a mass of -ve rep for them. People should use the rep system to award helpful posts, as well as those posts that may tickle their funny bone and make them smile.

I think the comment that infers that old_corollas being a post whore are unfounded as he has the highest rep, and the more posts you do the harder it is to keep your post/rep ratio low. I think he's doing a sterling job, offers much technical insight and commentary, and he beats up the odd wookie or three. And don't forget he was one of the first on the new forums where rep points where worth only 1. It took time to build up to be able to award multiple points, which is a great advantage to new comers to the forums when someone like rona, km, oc, cruzida or myself (and numerous others) give out, and taketh away, a bucket load of rep.

seeyuzz
    river
    Wow, great post. and great to see me with an awesome posts per rep point count of 1.87

put that in your pipe and smoke it

hmm, alot of insite has been put into that. + rep for old river....not that you need it.

gerald

lol but its a car forum! hahahaha rep for car advice is what counts or its really for nothing now were is that pipe!lmao

I aslo agree for rep for funny comments, laughter is lifes medicine.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer BigWorm's Avatar

Ahem ahem!

BigWorm pwms all=> 281 posts with a rep of 307=> 281/(307-10) = 0.946 posts per rep point.

Certainly shows who the post whores are hey?