hey guys. first post here because i am having a look around to see if anyone has ever had a funny (crazy) idea to 2jz a land rover discovery.

i currently have a series 1 disco with a reasonable powered v8 LPG/petrol (runs alright. but think it lacks some noise .it seems to be over heating ((i will be swapping thermostats and water pumps on it soon to keep it going))) but i also currently have a N/A 2jzGE VVT-I from a lexus sitting around the house. both auto, tempted to drop it in with a snail and make it dance. or at least prep the mounts and wiring and store it away ready to do it when the v8 drops dead.

bodies pretty hammered. rust, dents, scratches. all from previous owner/s but it was cheap.

it HAS been done before. i found a selling page on facebook from lala land (somewhere in the middle east but all the adverts details are in their native language) that had a deluxe model sporting a wild looking 2jz. but theres barely any info anywhere. also automatic.

has anyone been anywhere near someone who was mad enough to consider this? i know your here 4th. but im not talking surfs. im thinking keep the lexus trans and bolting an external transfer case on. pretty much have the whole cars wiring minus the body too.

heres a translated page from a thai site that i found. and it has the 2j i have in it. but of course. google translate can only barely make it readable.

https://translate.google.com.au/tran...d0&prev=search