Thread: Removing ST185 power steering pump mounting bracket from a 3S-GTE block

Negative Reputation Domestic Engineer Howieau's Avatar

Default Removing ST185 power steering pump mounting bracket from a 3S-GTE block

I noticed the bolt that runs through the power steering pump mounting bracket and the pump itself was hanging out pretty far on my GT4 (ST185). I tried for about 2 hours to secure it back into place but with no luck. Upon pulling it out altogether it turns out the bolt is completely dethreaded, and I suspect the threading inside the mounting bracket would be too. So I want to remove it off the block and re-thread it.

Has anybody done so before? Im not sure where exactly to remove it from - so damn cramped and hard to see. Or, does anybody have any technical diagrams that would be of help to me?

Any help is much appreciated.
    "There is a better way to do it, find it" -Thomas Edison

GT-Four Pilot Backyard Mechanic SilverGhost's Avatar

Default Re: Removing ST185 power steering pump mounting bracket from a 3S-GTE block

Check out Lances Signature ( I plug those links so much I should just host em myself ) Should find him in the GT4 dedicated thread. There will be a section in there about P/S pump removal.

Believe it or not the bracket can be removed without removing the engine, its just fiddly and requires taking off the front drivers side wheel to get access.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by SilverGhost; 31-07-2006 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Gotta learn to read :)

Negative Reputation Domestic Engineer Howieau's Avatar

Default Re: Removing ST185 power steering pump mounting bracket from a 3S-GTE block

Cheers man

Yeh I downloaded every single one of Lances technical articles a couple months ago as a reference for when I ran into a problem with the GT4. Doesnt seem to be one in there, ill double check his website though in case I missed one.

Cheers.
    "There is a better way to do it, find it" -Thomas Edison

has no Toyota anymore :( Conversion King tooch's Avatar

www.celicatech.com has a full online manual if it's not in lance's directory, just go to BGB online.