• Greddy E-Manage

1 11.11%
  • Stock ECU

4 44.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **bad info** 4agze Ecu

Junior Member Grease Monkey progkamol's Avatar

Post **bad info** 4agze Ecu

Since now the GZE is being done up and soon to be fetted into my car .. I have to choose the ECU which will be best for my car.
    I have came up with few top ECU, from my research, there are few good ones for the GZE.

HKS Power FC: This one is in the affordable range and come with hand controller as well. From people said, Power FC is designed for turbo car and perfect to run big size engine. However, many people would know how to tune up the ECU to be perfect (which I don't know). But with the hand controller, tuning and adjusting would be easy. But when compare to something like Microtech, the ECU structure and wiring and functions, the microtech is better according to information from internet.

Microtech MT8: This one is a real expensive one. I have many suggestions from others to go for this ECU. With engine running 272 cams and other minor mods this would not be really necessary since the engine is not that HARDCORE. However, if I was to get this ECU then I wouldn't need to worry about future ECU upgrade. So far, I havn't heard any bad comments on this ECU yet while I've heard some rumours about Power FC that it was only OK ECU. If anyone using this ECU, suggestion please.

Greddy E-Manage: I known some one who is using this on a GZE aswell. His engine is far more modified than mine at the moment. I can say his one was a full on racing also. However, the ECU never give him a hard time apart from requires tuning every 6 weeks which is quite annoying. The MT8 doesnot require tuning (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong). I've seen on internet that Greddy E-manage had came up with a engine analysis software that will help you see how your engine is running. If anyone have more information on that please add. This is my another choice and it is not TOO EXPENSIVE.

So, I have quite a bit of information on these ECU but its too much for listing. If anyone requires some I can provide and share the info. However, what would be your suggestion on these ECU?

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: 4agze Ecu

first of all.. do you know the difference between a piggyback and an ECU?

second, wtf do you need a poll? seems a pretty stupid way to decide which piggyback/ecu you will use

thirdly, if you have so much information, what is the problem?

4thly, why not autronic, wolf, motec etc..

5thly.. why does your rep keep going up when you post stupid polls all the time?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Agreed, a poll is not necessary and this topic has been discussed to no end on this forum and the old one.

The only poll I want to see from now on should have a scantily clad woman dancing off it

Quote Originally Posted by progkamol
    Microtech MT8: This one is a real expensive one.
    I think this comment regarding the microtech explains why the other ECUs you (oldcorollas) mentioned are not listed.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Forum Sponsor Carport Converter TurboRA28's Avatar

Yeah if you find an MT8 expensive wait to you get a quote on a Motec.
    1977 RA28 Celica - 1MZ-FE Members Rides
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
    Email : [email protected]

i don't understand why an ECU is needed when the engine is stiock anyway?

start with the stock ECU... if you upgrade the engine, upgrade the ECU...

whatever you do... don't get it installed by the same mate that did your cams regardless if he has a "full race motor" or whatever
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

is the bestest Conversion King LeeRoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    The only poll I want to see from now on should have a scantily clad woman dancing off it
    But if you don't want it to be moved it will have to be a technical form of dancing.

Prog, everything you need to know can be found on the internet and your question is a little too broad. You don't say what direction you want to head in and what it is you require from a computer. Either way the internet is your friend atm.

- LeeRoy
    Daily Driver: Red Ae93 Project: My TA22 - now with 3s-gte
    D is for Disco, E is for Dancing

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    All the cool kids have them
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

back into it Chief Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by TurboRA28
    Yeah if you find an MT8 expensive wait to you get a quote on a Motec.
    Motec is only expensive when you dont have the money!lmao

progkamol get the best ECU you can afford. Most are priced to there quailty!

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

If the microtech is expensive. Imagine getting a proper tune/dyno tune on any of the other "cheaper" piggyback/ecu's you have listed.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcoolrollas
    All the cool kids have them
    Yeah... unless they are so cool they are running carbs!!!

Seriously though, if you have a stock engine, keep the stock ECU and get someone who isnt your mate and has some real experience to install it.
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    first of all.. do you know the difference between a piggyback and an ECU?

second, wtf do you need a poll? seems a pretty stupid way to decide which piggyback/ecu you will use

thirdly, if you have so much information, what is the problem?

4thly, why not autronic, wolf, motec etc..

5thly.. why does your rep keep going up when you post stupid polls all the time?
    6thly You may have trouble finding a HKS Power FC, I hear they're real rare, like REALLY REALLY rare, I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY rare.......... (Get my drift?)
    Last edited by TopSecret; 25-07-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Fuel Economy Warrior Carport Converter Vios-GT_07's Avatar

i thought power FC was made by Apexi and HKS would be something like FConV or some weird names..

i've had experiences with Haltechs.. not the best but IMO if you don't have that many mods, it's alright.. it hates big cams from memory but i could be wrong..

272 degree (and make sure u get the lift right, valvesprings etc etc.. otherwise u'll see all valves break again).. aren't 272 degree stock cams? or it is within the limit the stock ECU can handle... either way go stock.. the stock's ecu can take on a fair bit of mods before u need to hook up a piggy back to it.. in which case, an E-manage can be tuned to take 280 degree cams or something .... or so i've heard..

dude.. seriously, PM someone here who's in the know before making up polls and threads like these.. sorry to repeat but if you do a search, u'll find more than enough info by just browsing and reading through... i know i have.. and by asking the right people i've learned a great deal..
    Research has shown child in front seat causes accidents, accident in back seat causes child

ALright then, sorry once again for setting up a poll like this.
    - 1st I have problem accessing my PM page no matter how much I tried it still ask me for username and password.
    - 2nd Engine are not much modified but I was adviced by Cyphers (which will install everything for me) that I should get ECU.
    - 3rd There are new cams, pistons, pistons rods, cam gear, clutch, fuel pump, injectors, oil catch tank and few other minors mods.
    -4th Top racing could get Power FC for me easily (based on what they said).
    -5th The info I've got describes the functionalities and others about ECU but does not mentioned about the GZE (small size engine)
    -6th In this forums have different comments in different ECU and people said different things about it (and was started long ago).
    -7th The problem is different people say different things. In this case I listen to Cyphers to get new ECU but they don't recommend me one so I've to find out.
    -And last ... That mate of mine won't go anywhere near my engine ever again.

Thank you for suggestion. Apologies for wasting time.

1, email a Mod or Board member to sort it out. maybe you shouldn't have blocked Toymods cookies?
    2. engine not modified, get stock ECU. why do you need different?
    3. oh, so it's reconditioned to almost new specs then? perfect for stock ECU

GZE is small size? compared to what? what does that have to do with anything??

etc etc.. 7, stop listening to people, do your own research. if you don't know why you need an aftermarket ECU... you probably DON'T need one.

i'm amazed that you have gone up 8 rep in 5 hrs since starting this thread (not that rep means anything ) keep that up and you'll be on 3000 in no time

but seriously.. stock motor only needs stock ECU, especially to get it registered.

if you haven't modded engine, you DON'T need ECU

perhaps you could ask Cyphers (whoever they are) to explain to you, in writing, why you need a new ECU, then post it up here for us to see

did you end up working out why your last engine was destroyed? any similar branded parts in this motor?

To be honest, I was thinking about stock ECU but since the pros are suggesting thats why I have to come to ask. Please note that new parts that is going in is not standard or original parts.
    And I've saw atleast 3 threads about thier GZE only goes up to 4500rpm and other revs problem, and yet, havn't came up with a final conclusion (the real cause) why it happen.
    Also if you say stock ECU will be enough for the motor then I'll go stock.
    My rep goes up because of another thread in General car talk (I think). People seems likes that thread a lot and I will find more about those links.
    The previous motor havn't come to conclusion yet but nothing from Thailand or E-bay are going into the new motor .....

Thanks .....

ps. On the 4age web the forums got thread about ECU and did mentioned about smaller size engine 1800cc downwards with after market ECU .... Theres alot of comments there thats why I mentioned about ECU with small engine. Anyway I'll talk to the shop and ask does stock ECU gonna work.