Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to Toymods!

Junior Member Conversion King timbosaurus's Avatar

Default Thanks to Toymods!

I just wanted to say thank all you guys and girls for making this site/club/forum what it is. After spending pretty much all my internet time over the last year on toymods i actually forgot what crap there really is out there.

Recently i've been looking on several other automotive forums, mainly for *uhem nissan* parts for sale and realised that forumspace is littered with a countless number of absolute dickheads!!! People that fill the classifieds with completely unrealistic prices, or parts that aren't even theirs to sell... and those that do list items with realistic prices get sprayed with comments like "i'll give ya fitty bucks with postage dood?"

And the lack of arrogant knobs on here is demstrated by the more experienced and knowledgable guys patiently answering the re-occuring newbie questions and politely giving the newbie a hint to search next time perhaps with a jovial push. There's none of the "why don't ya f*&kin google it ya deadshit... people like you dont belong 'ere!" Newbies learn how to search and are rewarded by the masses of knowledge shared by the collective of Toymodders! When someone is out of line though... they know about it!

Another thing Toymods members show more than anywhere else is respect for other members rides. You dont get 700hp MA70 supra owners telling stock FWD AE82 corolla owners that there car is a P.O.S. and will never be worth more than Johnny's word. People respect that Toyota enthusiasts can fit into any category. They might like show, they might like go, or they might just like keeping their wheels running as smoothly as they can, despite having little spare cash and no technical knowledge.

When problems do arise, they are usually solved efficiently and effectively by the admin. The guys/girls who don't abuse their rights and don't consider themselves to be standing above the rest of the members. The ones that put in the extra effort to ensure meets/cruises/events are run as well as they can be and are also as benificial to members as they can be.

I know there are other forums out there that have a similar attitude to toymods, i would put it out there that these are other enthusiast forums... and without suggesting names i would assume most include an audience for older classics, datsuns and the like. But i don't think any could claim to support each other like toymods does. You just have to look at Stitt's car thread to realise how tight it is here.

Anyway's i just wanted to let you know that you have a very happy camper here and i'll certainly be becoming a financial member when our membership guru's car fiasco sorts out.

/end rant!
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST
    1) Red RA28LT (NOW WITH 1G )

the always broken 165 Carport Converter piggy's Avatar

Default Re: Thanks to Toymods!

i agree with timbo on this toymods is one of the best fourms i have been on and thee is so much stuff on here to learn its insane.

thanks toymods

ANGRY MAN 2011 Chief Engine Builder Admiral coFF33's Avatar

after reading that and actually having a good think of a few other car forums , i feel proud to be 100+ rep on such a quality forum.

Junior Member Conversion King timbosaurus's Avatar

There are just so many little things that make this place... the people, the site, the forums... It's impossible to write down all the little things, but if i could give the forums +1000rep, i would daily

Timbo
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST
    1) Red RA28LT (NOW WITH 1G )

Olde ****** Automotive Encyclopaedia ToDa30/4's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Thanks to Toymods!

i agree .great site ,good people, my membership is sent & pending , waiting for poor stitt to have his car back to attend to club bizz in style again & rolla club is good too ,(free plug)
    Project ST215W 300 AWKW Killerwagg'ss .staring in the garage .soon
    ST185R 385 AWKW now SOLD ..Daily '89 Eunos Roadster.
    Project '75 KE30 37.4 RwKw PIMPster. doing it for Angela RIP 1964 - 2011

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Thanks Tim, I've got to say thanks to the community, cause without it I wouldn't of been able to build my car, look for it and have the wonderfull friends I do
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Fuel Economy Warrior Carport Converter Vios-GT_07's Avatar

on the old forums toymods have helped me with a fucked up car.. in the first place i found the car from toymods, but the people here have helped me sort out the issues and i managed to sell it..

similarly, i've learned a lot about a whole range of other toyotas since i start post-whoring on the new forums and got to meet a lot of nice people who've guided me with more things than just cars.. e.g. was recommended a bike which i absolutely love now, some of the recommended stuff is really enertaining / amusing and the tech section is really detailed with info and diagrams. Toyota should sponsor this forums so we can host up a lot more diagrams and stuff.. it's too bad the 1NZ is hardly mentioned. but yeh.. i know how shit works and have pretty cool ideas now..
    Research has shown child in front seat causes accidents, accident in back seat causes child

someone say 2t-ze? Automotive Encyclopaedia gerald1's Avatar

greatest thread ever. I <3 toymods.

gerald
    ta22 Green with cream vinyl roof, 2t/3t hybrid with a few go fast bits on + 5 speed.

IWRNDU Automotive Encyclopaedia DQIKST's Avatar

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet

or they might just like keeping their wheels running as smoothly as they can, despite having little spare cash and no technical knowledge
    thats definetly rona

i agree with u 100% i am on a few forums, but i only visit them once a week/month and i am on TOYMODS! every day
    ThE wOrLd GoEs RoUnD n RoUnD nOt Up N dOwN
    Daily 76' celica 1GGTE 1125kgs 13.7@ 91mph
    NOS= ITS LIKE A HOT CHICK WITH STD's YOU WANT TO HIT IT BUT ARE SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES

whats the gee-ooo with every one having chicks in there avatars
    1980RIP NATHAN BRETT DEAN2007,

Quote Originally Posted by DQIKST

i am on TOYMODS! every day
    SNAP!

gez
    ta22 Green with cream vinyl roof, 2t/3t hybrid with a few go fast bits on + 5 speed.

IWRNDU Automotive Encyclopaedia DQIKST's Avatar

yes it is true this place is like a 2nd religon to me i check my PMs and new posts every day after work::
    ThE wOrLd GoEs RoUnD n RoUnD nOt Up N dOwN
    Daily 76' celica 1GGTE 1125kgs 13.7@ 91mph
    NOS= ITS LIKE A HOT CHICK WITH STD's YOU WANT TO HIT IT BUT ARE SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES

whats the gee-ooo with every one having chicks in there avatars
    1980RIP NATHAN BRETT DEAN2007,

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Well, it's obvious..... where else can you engage in witty repartee and get a dollop of good technical knowledge, a place for the young and old, the wise and those still learning, all in a friendly atmosphere? Furthermore, there is no better place to get your fill of 18R-G information.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Quote Originally Posted by river
    Hi,
    a place for the young and VERY old, the wise and those still learning, all in a friendly atmosphere? Furthermore, there is no better place to get your fill of 18R-G information.

seeyuzz
    river

fixed for you

gez

Fuel Economy Warrior Carport Converter Vios-GT_07's Avatar

he's not that old

i just noticed that oldcorollas has like 603 rep at this point... does this guy have the highest rep or what??
    Research has shown child in front seat causes accidents, accident in back seat causes child

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Yes, 'cos he's very helpful and enjoys slaying the wookies.

He's gonna stop when he's at 666!

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin