Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Engine Conversion. 2JZ-GE into MS53 Crown

Incompetent Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: Engine Conversion. 2JZ-GE into MS53 Crown

Just dragging this up from the dead, came across it while I'm trolling MS55 stuff.

Only reason I post is that the quarter mile time seems a bit on the soft side (tried to find a nice way to say it, this really is an impressive car!)? Sure with a bit better launch it would have gone into the high 15s quite easily, but is this representative of how a 2JZGE really goes? If so I have to say it seems a bit disappointing on paper (although no doubt transformed the car!)
    Must.... avoid.... urge... to... upgrade... parts I haven't.... used.... yet.....

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Just dragging this up from the dead, came across it while I'm trolling MS55 stuff.

Only reason I post is that the quarter mile time seems a bit on the soft side (tried to find a nice way to say it, this really is an impressive car!)? Sure with a bit better launch it would have gone into the high 15s quite easily, but is this representative of how a 2JZGE really goes? If so I have to say it seems a bit disappointing on paper (although no doubt transformed the car!)
    Yeah the GE is definitely no fire breather, turboed they are animals and able to make big power but NA they are lethargic.

Incompetent Automotive Encyclopaedia

After looking at pics again I do note now that it's an auto, which won't have helped the launch or MPH.
    Must.... avoid.... urge... to... upgrade... parts I haven't.... used.... yet.....

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Hi Shifty, Stock 2J and Stock Auto and Torque convertor with stock solenoids and line pressures in the auto and no line locker fitted either

The MS53 is 1500+ KG of wagon so wth tyhe 2J package as the factory intended (soft gear shifts and all) it went well for what it is. A shift kitted Auto would have done noticeably better
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

As for low 16's , assume it's ok for non-vvti with 4a/t.
    My car (1470kilos with driver and fuel) has 1jz-ge vvti + 5a/t . With leaky injectors, no CAI, some other minor things it did 1/4 in ~16.5

I'd do comp test just in case. ANother thing worth checking is fuel trim ("vf" pin in your diag. conn.). If it's low in idle and gets more "normal" as you increase rpm, it's worth to check out if your injectors are leaking (more than 1 drop in 1 minute @ 3bar)
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own