Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Amayama Trading Introduction

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Amayama Trading Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by SaabG View Post
    If you're referring to my order with the high postage quote I'm not sure which order that was attached to as I've long deleted the email. It was for part number 16711-46040 (a fan shroud). I inquired about other items as well. When I received my quote only the other items were on the quote and it was explained that the fan shroud was left out of the quote because of the high postage costs that it would incur ($700-$800 from memory) so I just ordered the other items as the fan shroud isn't actually necessary to my build. This order would have been some time last year but as I've made many orders from you I'm not sure which order this was attached to.

I emailed you directly on the 7th of February about another matter with one of my orders (am00105134) and in that email I enquired about why the postage cost of the fan shroud was so high but I didn't receive a response.

I want to make it clear to anyone reading this that I am extremely happy with the service amayama has provided me. I've saved thousands of dollars and often received parts quicker than if I had of bought local. I just need to order some larger parts which is a service it would seem Amayama can't provide.
    The last email I received from you directly was on the 21st December 2013 where you responded favourably to the info requested at the time. We have Paypal confirmation of payment emails up to the 29th Jan 2014.

Responding to "I just need to order some larger parts which is a service it would seem Amayama can't provide.", we *can* provide that service. We deleted the part from the quote because of the extremely high shipping charge. We can send anything, anywhere, if the customer pays for it. We simply inform them of the high shipping costs before we submit a quote including it. If the customer agrees we ammend the quote accordingly.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Please delete.
    Last edited by SaabG; 25-03-2014 at 12:28 PM.

About the shipping charges, at the time you inquired about the fan shroud, we didn't have a corporate account set up with Fedex. We would quote a lot less than $800 for that part now, however it's still be around AUD 400.00. Their charges are calculated by "volumetric weight" which doesn't favour large but light parts. It's simply not possible to send parts larger than international mail maximum dimensions cheaply from Japan.

You've given an example of a much larger/heavier part that was much cheaper to send but didn't mention the actual dimensions, actual wieght, the name of the shipping company, the country from which the package would be sent, fuel surcharge, customs and import duty (if any)... all these things are the variables which affect the actual cost of shipping.

About the emails, I simply did not receive the email from the 7th February. I've searched using the email your Amayama account was registered with, could it be that you used a different email address? I've searched using the body of the text in the email above as well with no results.

I've posted about as much as I can on this matter. Sebastian if you need to resolve anything more please email me, or call the Sydney branch 02 95348858 9am - 5:30pm AEST.

Forum Member

Just wanted to say I am very happy with my first purchase, I was able to order a part that I cannot get in North America.
    So I made another order for a transmission mount only available from Japan.

Thanks Amayama

Please delete.
    Last edited by SaabG; 25-03-2014 at 12:30 PM.

We're not going to offer individual quotes online here. This is not the point of this thread, I've asked you to take it to email and think you've made enough attempts to derail it (but somehow you didn't intend to) already.

The point of this thread is to introduce Amayama with feedback from customers who've dealt with us, not to say "I've shopped around and someone is cheaper". If you want to do that go to any review site and go for it. Or why not make a thread about in in the General section?

For anyone who might misunderstand the above we're not trying to censor anything, merely keep the thread on topic and not have it devolve into everyone saying how they got stuff cheaper elsewhere. Congrats if you did, please don't post it here like you're doing everyone (except us!!) a favour.

Triptek Enhanced Backyard Mechanic triptek's Avatar

Ordered over $8000 worth of parts from amayama over the past 2 years with not one single problem. I'v got 2 orders on the way plus i'll be putting another through on Monday. Keep up the great work guys.
    1990 SW20 MR2 turbo Gen III 3S-GTE conversion, 3" exhaust = 264.9rwhp
    1985 JZA61 2JZ-GTE + TO4Z = 442.1rwhp @ 18psi
    1991 JZA70 Limited 2JZ-GTE vvti GTX30/76r
    1994 GZX90 Mark II 1GZ-FE V12
    1980 MA45 Undergoing Restoration

Carbon neutral Carport Converter Jt_70R's Avatar

Hi Amayama team, could you please check your "'[email protected]'" inbox! Have sent through a query but still waiting on a response

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

G'day,

You guys got me an oil pump and a set of coil packs far cheaper and quicker than anybody else, I've recommended you guys to a whole heap of my customers.

One question but, ever thought about setting up shop in the US? I know the UAE is cheap, going off what I've heard through some OS customers though, it seems like the US is cheap as well (not to mention if you're able to set up with US car manufacturers to supply parts here for Mustangs / Camero's / US imports etc etc, I'm sure you could do well from that. We get asked for a whole ton of US car parts and we don't even advertise selling them).

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    One question but, ever thought about setting up shop in the US?
    Yes we plan on opening a warehouse in the US in 2016. We'll keep you posted here as we get closer.

Thanks everyone for the continued support, all the best for the holidays and new year.

Amayama Team

Hi Amayama, are you still offering a 10% discount to toymods members?

stunt dog Backyard Mechanic Esteban's Avatar

Does this discount still exist and have I been ordering Amayama parts for years without a discount like a sucker?