Thread: Problems solving 4agze

working hard Backyard Mechanic

Default Problems solving 4agze

Hello recently i have been having some problems with my ae82 4agze with aftermarket ecu
    Firstly it has never done this untill 2 weeks ago, i have change fuel filter, check fuel pump , serviced injectors , spark plugs, leads serviced engine, pretty much everything

2 weeks ago problems started to happen my car was chugging alot at all types of rpm couldnt get any power, then i found out my alternator wasnt charging as the bushes were screwed. So i changed that Now the same problems are happening still but usually when the car warms up it happens, its a slow build up untill the car is constantly chugging while driving.. it maybe missing but its hard to say as it only does it when its warm

It never did this before but now it does , Has anyone got any ideas or previous knowledge of this happening to them ????

the only thing left i assume is Headgasket but the thing is i cant drive it enough to see if it burns water!! but i am going to compression test on saturday

also i was thinking maybe there is a restriction in my exhaust "CAT" collasped but its a brand new extractors back system so i cant believe if that the problem

Are these symptoms of head gaskets on its way out ????

Please help
    Reece

jzx100 fan boy Domestic Engineer slide86's Avatar

Default Re: Problems solving 4agze

- using water
    - oil and water mixing
    are usually the main things to show headgasket gone.

alternator is charging correctly now and the battery is in good condition?

check fuel pressure, could be a screwed fuel pump. low on pressure will cause chugging and poor running.....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl
    Please visit here, they will have all the answers you need for this "conversion" - www.hot4s.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by slide86
    - using water
    - oil and water mixing
    are usually the main things to show headgasket gone.

alternator is charging correctly now and the battery is in good condition?

check fuel pressure, could be a screwed fuel pump. low on pressure will cause chugging and poor running.....

Hi thanks for replying .. i have checked the fuel pump and it seems to be pumping "took off fuel filter outlet and tested" is this the best way to determine the fuel pump worknig ok ???
    also how do i check fuel pressure???

bump need help still

jzx100 fan boy Domestic Engineer slide86's Avatar

you need an inline fuel pressure gauge.

you will need to do things like check for spark when the fault is occuring and check compression and fuel pressure. these are the three basics to get an engine to run.....all three require special tools to measure accurately
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl
    Please visit here, they will have all the answers you need for this "conversion" - www.hot4s.com.au

i might as well buy a fuel pump and install it yer ? saves me paying someone to test it and buying a fuel pump after that.
    What you recommend me buying for my 4agze?? whats a larger pump that will fit besides aftermarket

really appreciated your help here

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice SLO-055's Avatar

vl turbo fuel pumps are good, well they are the same part no. now, shared with vs onward fuel pumps, je camiras also use these fuel pumps, thing is if a fuel prob then it oculd be worse cold, as cold start uses more fuel than when warm...could be other issues tho...
    a simple test to eliminate one possibilty is to clean up all your earths on the car, battery and engine strap, bad earth problems usually surface when your car is hot (which could be why it's ok when cold). doesn't hurt to eliminate all possibilties one by one.
    good luck!