Thread: How the f******ng hell do you get a AE86 T50 rear housing back on AHHHHH

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default How the f******ng hell do you get a AE86 T50 rear housing back on AHHHHH

I have just spent over two hours trying to refit a rear housing to a AE86 T50 gearbox. I have rebuilt series 1 i.e TA22 T50s before. I have rebuilt Ford 5 speeds, Holden 5 speeds but this is the worst selector design I have ever worked with. Ready to take grinder to top of housing to give enough room to reengage selector tongue, besides vision is impossible to see what is catching. I am normally a very patient person but this crap design has pushed my limits. I could say some nasty things I would like to do to person who designed this system, but will keep it respectful.
    I do have centring springs removed. Housing basically fell off when dismantling as per manual.

Default Re: How the f******ng hell do you get a AE86 T50 rear housing back on AHHHHH

I have an ae86 factory repair manual. send me a text on 0416 193 936 and Ill reply with photos.

Default Re: How the f******ng hell do you get a AE86 T50 rear housing back on AHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    I have an ae86 factory repair manual. send me a text on 0416 193 936 and Ill reply with photos.
    Thanks for offer but I have a workshop manual. Basicly can't get tongue on end of remote selector rail to rotate into selector rails in gearbox.

Problem solved.
    I was holding my tongue the wrong way, took two minutes last weekend to install and bolt up.
    Thanks for looking for me.