Thread: Supercharged 2GR In 05 Camry Sportivo MANUAL!!!

Forum Member

Cool Supercharged 2GR In 05 Camry Sportivo MANUAL!!!

Howdy, Id thought id post this here as i am almost 100% this hasnt been done yet.
    So this has been a dream of mine for a very long time and i recently got my hands on a TRD Aurion motor. Only 90k kms
    My current car is a 2005 camry sportivo it has the Manual Gearbox E153 one of very few boxes that will mount to the TRD 2GR
    So box and drive train is sorted. im currently doing regular servicing and added some hydraulic hose to the rear VVT-I hose as there is no full metal version of that hose for the Supercharged model (its different then the NA)

im probably 2months off it being finished as ive already done rocker cover gaskets, waterpump, oilcooler revision pipes and a few other little things mainly gaskets and hoses.
    Any questions or tips you are welcome to shoot them my way
    This is more for Encouragement in that no matter what you want anything is possible.

On another note the car i have has 202k kms not much for the good old 1MZ. But im sure this performance increase will put a large smile on my face ))
    There is alot i have left out but everything is near completion.

I also am looking for someone with knowledge in wiring a 1mz tach to a 2gr motor.

Thanks for reading my Post

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

Default Re: Supercharged 2GR In 05 Camry Sportivo MANUAL!!!

wire it directly to appropriate 2gr ecu output normally called TACH on wiring diagram
    this is going to be your smallest problem really
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Forum Member

I meant like the entire cluster sorry. Was very tired when I posted this last night 😅

Is there any video or clear documentation of what Color wire goes to what pin ?

Forum Member

Update:
    Car is soon to be pulled apart to drop the subframe and hopefully all goes smoothly and we dont break anything xD
    Wiring is now sorted as i got my hands on fully printed service manuals (wiring harness diagrams etc) of both the TRD aurion and my camry sportivo
    ill soon be ordering a Fidanza flywheel and 6 puck clutch from MWR in the US. then we can finally mate the gearbox and 2gr together after i get a engine hoist so i can do the rear main seal (its not leaking its only for peace of mind)
    also installing a Walbro 255 in the tank when im bothered haha

but as of yet there havent been any hurdles we have had to jump and the motor internally and externally looks like it was well looked after from the previous owner so thats a bonus for me.
    ill update you guys once we get the car on the hoist and drop the sub frame