Thread: 1GGE conversion to turbo

Forum Member

Default 1GGE conversion to turbo

Hi there im not sure if im posting in the right place but i desparately need urgent help please... i cant find any good info on people thaat alrealy did this...im from SOUTH AFRICA and i cant find people that can import a 1ggte for me. i realy need a turbo on my 1gge. but im still unsertain of a few stuff is there maybe anyway that we could talk abit please im not getting any info on how to turbo a 1gge because of people that only buy the 1ggte motor . and still use the stock ecu of the 1ggte...
    now i already have an after market ecu (spitronics pluto 2) and is tuned.. but i only made 96kw and 166Nm torque witch is no power at all. would yo mind to please tell me what was needed to be done ?

im oing to build my own manifoild.
    if read that the 7mge injectors fit the same fuel rail as 1g engine ? so can i use that ?
    i was thinking of a ct26/t25/t28 /1jz turbo
    did you drop your compression ratio ?
    what boost pressure are you running ?
    did you use the ct12 /13 turbos from the 1gtte ?
    i know the oil lines you aid you just got at the left side of the block .
    i can get the fitting and drill a hole in the sump so long, but is first just wanted to find out what needs to be done on the motor to turbo it please . i would have liked to buy a 1ggte . but i cant find here in south africa.

sorry for asking so much questions but i cant find anything anyware on the innternet that can help me with info on what to do on the 1gge.

i just forgot to ask that my tuner said i must maybe upgrade my fuel pressure pump to a 6 bar one wit h a m16 fitting to fuel rail for max flow op fuel.

and just my other consern is the compression ratio . i know the 1jz latest generation had a 9.0:1 compression ratio and my 1gge has 9.5:1 so if im going to run low boost as the 1ggte would the motor last . becuse the 1ggte had a 8.5:1 compression and made 160 kw and 280 Nm of toque ? sorry for asking all this questions but you are the only guy that i found that done it before. so if you could help i wouldbr much appreciated !!!

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: 1GGE conversion to turbo

7mge 315cc injectors will work as they are actually the injectors used on the 3rd gen 1ggte,
    vvti 1jz gte injectors are also an option as they are 370cc.

t28 would be a nice responsive turbo

compression ratio should be ok

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Bazooka's Avatar

Default Re: 1GGE conversion to turbo

As above the 315cc injectors are the go and will be good for 250HP on the 1GGE. Have a look at the UK forums as they seem to be popular for modding over there. It's real popular, as I also plan to do, to supercharge these engines with up to 250HP being made on stock internals.