Thread: 3uz-fe engine swap Hilux throwing b2799 code

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 3uz-fe engine swap Hilux throwing b2799 code

I'm transplanting a 3uz-fe from 2002 Japanese Celsior into 1996 Australian Toyota Hilux. Wired everything up and she turns over but stops immediately and then wont turn over til I turn ignition off and on again. Checked techstream and its throwing usual codes for missing shifter etc as I'm using manual tranny. Also throwing b2799 code relating to immobilizer. I've got the smart key sitting inside the coil and signal amplifier. That's connected to the steering lock ecu and then to engine ecu. I'm tipping the codes got something to do with either the connections between engine ecu and steering lock ecu or the steering lock ecu is not working properly. The two mpx wires are disconnected as Ive removed most of that system and Ive been told its not needed. The two pink wires in the picture are for the ignition power IG2 and P2SW from shifter position switch which I have earthed. Any other suggestions on how to get past it or what might be causing it to not work.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: 3uz-fe engine swap Hilux throwing b2799 code

Hi,

P2SW, i assume it is what prevents you from pulling the key out unless it's in park. have you tried disconnecting or grounding it?

also, have you tried with the MPX connected?

if all fails, a guy named Yuri Baranov is your answer, he can remove the factory immo.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 3uz-fe engine swap Hilux throwing b2799 code

Ofcourse it is, for some reason I was thinking it had to do with neutral start switch. Originally only had the amplifier wires grounds b+ and imo imi wires hooked up and still same issue. I dont have any gateway or body ecus to hook up to multiplex hence why its discarded. Everything says to check imo imi wires but they are in right spot and fine