Hello Toyomods,

Newbie poster here just looking for some basic information / pointers.

I know for many of you it might be strange to want to convert from 'part-time' to 'full-time' 4WD, but I would like to know from some of you resident experts what would be involved.

Specifically:

1. I live in Thailand where the car market is very 'messy' - lot's of taxes and an underdeveloped used-car market. This means we don't have anywhere near the vehicle options you guys have in Aus, but utes (they call them pick-ups) are actually reasonably good value.
2. If I lived in Aus, I guess I would simply buy a constant/full-time 4WD Amarok, but they are not available here unfortunately. I have heard some Tritons are full-time...but I'd prefer to avoid Mits.
3. They have the first generation Fortuner here (not available in Aus I believe?), which from '08 - '11 had a full-time 4WD option. Assuming the mechanics of the Fortuner and Hi-Lux are the same (which I was pretty sure is true), what would need to be done to convert a Hi-Lux of the same generation (2004 - 2015) to the Full-Time 4WD system used in the Fortuner (08 - 11)?

It would be nice to get an idea of what would need to be purchased and any issues I may run into after the conversion.

Any help / pointers will be much appreciated!

Cheers,