Hey all,
Hoping for some knowledge and guidance if anyone can help, i have a 1977 ke36 Panel van powered by a 3TGTE with a T50 box, i bought the car just over a month ago, i have the motor and box out at the moment cleaning it up and have replaced gaskets on the box as it was leaking really bad, all fine and good, waiting on a gearbox mount and shifter boot to come from overseas before it can go back in the car.
Today i pulled the diff out as it had a snapped axle when i got it and was also leaking really bad, so much so that when i popped it open, less than half a cup of oil came out! now im not entirely sure what this diff actually is (im waiting for the guy who sold it to me to get back to me), i was supplied a second diff when i got the car to replace the diff with the snapped axle, but when i opened that one the left side of the core had been destroyed by a snapped axle at some stage in its life and the bearing was completely obliterated.. i was told this diff was a T series, but im not very familiar with older corollas or their parts. so thought id come here and see if anyone can offer advice? i can post photos of everything if need be?

Also i need some advice on what to do with the alternator bracket, its the stock bracket but its been hacked to shreds over the years to try fit a higher output alternator.. i have 2 alternators here, one im pretty sure is the stock one which im told is pointless due to low output, and the other one i have no history on at all, no idea what its off or what output it is.. so my question for that is: Is it worth trying to weld the bracket i have to make it work, or is it easier to buy a stock unmolested one, or get one custom made? and which alternator is the best to use on this setup?
Thanks so much for any information you can give! its much appreciated