Thread: Toyota Crown JZS171 Remote Central Locking

Forum Member

Default Toyota Crown JZS171 Remote Central Locking

Hey guys!

I am trying to find information on whether ALL JZS171 Crowns had remote central locking. Only recieved a single key with mine when importing (2000 model) and considering how feature heavy these cars were for their time
    I would expect it to have remote central locking. I have seen other Crowns with it in the standard key (potentially the key I am missing).
    I can get a china key and code it myself with the youtube vid's but I need confirmation as mentioned above before ordering one. Not really prepared to rip the door card off just yet to look for the actuator. Has central locking obvious...

Thanks guys

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Crown JZS171 Remote Central Locking

Hi,

Yes, all JZS171s came with remote central locking. You'll need a blank key with the central locking fob which you can program to the car.

There is a "Modern Crown owners" page on FB for Australian owners of 170 - 210 series Crowns so you'll get a quicker answer to your questions on there, I believe there's only 2 or 3 JZS171 owners on the Toymods forum.

P.S. Throw up a ride thread for the Crown!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by egamirrorim View Post
    Hi,

Yes, all JZS171s came with remote central locking. You'll need a blank key with the central locking fob which you can program to the car.

There is a "Modern Crown owners" page on FB for Australian owners of 170 - 210 series Crowns so you'll get a quicker answer to your questions on there, I believe there's only 2 or 3 JZS171 owners on the Toymods forum.

P.S. Throw up a ride thread for the Crown!

Ahhh good to know - im slightly skeptical still as I tried getting the car into programming mode using the youtube video's and info ive found but it didn't appear to enter it so im thinking it might not have remote central...at the end of the programming mode the locks are suppose to cycle to let you know that you have activated it before holding down the 'unlock/lock' buttons but that didn't happen. it could be because the
    key i am using to start the mode isn't a master key though.
    thanks man

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

You can still get blank master keys from Japan, they're not cheap though.

Also, I should clarify: To my knowledge, all the JZS171s in Australia have remote central locking - the Athlete model is the only JZS171 series that was allowed for compliance into Australia, these all have remote central locking.

I'm not sure about any YouTube vids, but there are detailed programming instructions o the FB page as well as the Zeitaku forum.