Thread: Toyota RA23 Turbo

Forum Member

Default Toyota RA23 Turbo

Hey Guys First Post

Im thinking of putting a turbo onto my celica with the stock 18RC engine with a side draft weber 40 dcoe, has anyone here done this before? Would like to know what turbo i should use, im not going to have a high psi as she is an old engine, alot of people are telling me to do a draw through style setup, is this recommended? or would a blow through style be better, problem is i dont have alot of space to fit an intercooler, if anyone has any tips and tricks they can give me that would be awesome as this is my first ever turbo car

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: Toyota RA23 Turbo

I don't think many people would bother spending all that money to turbo an 18rc and I only recall one where it was done (can't even find a thread link sorry).

You could take a look at NME308's build thread for his turbo 3t which was a carb setup for a little while. http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/thr...rottle-gt-Less!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Toyota RA23 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ItzJustChaos View Post
    Hey Guys First Post

Im thinking of putting a turbo onto my celica with the stock 18RC engine with a side draft weber 40 dcoe, has anyone here done this before? Would like to know what turbo i should use, im not going to have a high psi as she is an old engine, alot of people are telling me to do a draw through style setup, is this recommended? or would a blow through style be better, problem is i dont have alot of space to fit an intercooler, if anyone has any tips and tricks they can give me that would be awesome as this is my first ever turbo car
    Most people would rip all the turbo kit off a newer engine and go fuel injected.

There is a guy on youtube "Griffs Rear Mount" who has turbo-charged his early Carburetted Red Monaro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG4jgEWKgHo&t=243s

He's in Tasmania. His youtube channel is pretty interesting.
    Last edited by ar5boosted; 09-07-2017 at 10:30 AM.