Thread: IS300 na-t conversion

Junior Member Grease Monkey nilprospects's Avatar

Default IS300 na-t conversion

Turbo conversion with intention of bolt on mods

Default Re: IS300 na-t conversion

I have tried to do this conversion using bolt on parts, for the guy who says he can build one for the price of what they are advertised for sale. Knowing that I could overcome any challenges this conversion would throw at me, i ordered a few things to get started

Default Re: IS300 na-t conversion

After finding a donor car, 2004 IS300, with 300000kms, a noisy transmission, it was time to start getting the parts.

First thing I bought was a Powerglide-2JZ bellhousing from dellows. Normally I would buy a CRS bellhousing, but in this case, they have had a few failures with their powerglide bellhousing, so my only other option was Dellows.

I scrolled thru a bunch of different chinese turbos, and settled for a T04z style, it has a t4 1.15 housing, and a GT45 vband flange, oil cooled only.

The exhaust manifold I got was a china one too, nothing special.

I ordered a bunch of Turbosmart goodies, the FPR800, 40mm CompGate, and a VeePort Pro blowoff valve.

Somehow I ordered a 450x300x76mm intercooler of the aeroflow variety, I would recommend using no less than 600x300x76mm, but somehow this slipped by.

I knew all along I would be using a Greddy Copy cast manifold, welded to the runners, but I did have to swap to some supra GE runners to get away from the Vacuum-assisted injectors. The runners needed cutting down shorter, as the whole lot ended up touching the strut tower. Gte runners are shorter, and dont require shortening.

I put a Q45 style throttlebody on, as it suits the bolt pattern, and went with an 80mm bore. This was close enough to the Universal 76mm aluminium piping kit I bought, the kits have more than enough elbows and straight sections to make up the cooler pipes. I'm not a fan of using a silicone coupling on each section, so i cut and welded each piece I needed and only have a coupling on each side of the cooler, a reducer on the throttlebody, and a 90 on the turbo. The 90 was a 76mm to 63mm. I welded a 10mm thick boss for tapping an Intake Air Temp sensor just before the throttlebody, and I also welded the BOV between the intercooler and the throttlebody.