Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aircon issues after 1jzgte conversion is200

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Aircon issues after 1jzgte conversion is200

Hi
    having issues with the aircon after doing a 1jz gte vvti conversion on my is200 the A/C not working and The outside temp not working how did you wire up your A/C to work ? im running the stock 1jzgte ecu 89661-3A660

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Default Re: Aircon issues after 1jzgte conversion is200

The part number of the engine ECU you have listed is for JZS171

Have you wired up the MPX1 and MPX2 pins of the JZS171 engine ECU you are using?

If so perhaps the Toyota Multiplex data for the AC and external temperature is different on JZS171 vs GXE10 (IS200)... If that's the case it might be a tricky fix!

The signal to turn the AC on is sent to the engine ECU via the serial data Multiplex network I believe...

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

RZN169R+2JZGTEVVTI+R151 Domestic Engineer madmont's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wilbo666 View Post

Have you wired up the MPX1 and MPX2 pins of the JZS171 engine ECU you are using?

If so perhaps the Toyota Multiplex data for the AC and external temperature is different on JZS171 vs GXE10 (IS200)... If that's the case it might be a tricky fix!

The signal to turn the AC on is sent to the engine ECU via the serial data Multiplex network I believe...

Cheers
    Wilbo
    That is correct. Signal goes through the multiplex and the engine ecu is connected to pressure sensors etc. I can email the wiring diagram for JZS171 air con if you like.
    Jealousy is a curse

A copy of Madmonts wiring is also on my wiki <here>

Cheers
    Wilbo

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

Hi guys
    I have connected the MPX1 and MPX2 pins of the JZS171 and the air con pins also. Unfortunately it did not work ?
    already have the wiring diagram for JZS171 air con. Can I run dual ecu So I can ren the gauges and keep original functions working like norma ?

Have you connected pin 18 on the 22 pin connector to the mpx
    ?
    Jealousy is a curse

I used this wiring diagram to Connect pins .

As you can see in the wiring diagram MPX is connected to pin 18 on the 22 pin plug.
    Last edited by madmont; 17-08-2016 at 08:18 AM.
    Jealousy is a curse

[QUOTE=al waleed;1611673]Hi
    having issues with the aircon after doing a 1jz gte vvti conversion on my is200 the A/C not working and The outside temp not working how did you wire up your A/C to work ? im running the stock 1jzgte ecu 89661-3A660[/QUOTE

Did you get your A/C to work? I did a jzs171 swap with the ECU # 89661-3A870 and run in to the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbo666 View Post

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Hi Wilbo how we go about getting the A/C to run? i am willing to try anything at this point cause here is summer 12 months a year

Quote Originally Posted by hititup View Post
    how we go about getting the A/C to run? i am willing to try anything at this point cause here is summer 12 months a year
    You have a few options that I can quickly think of...

1) Have a talk to George on these forums, he has hardware solution for JZS171/JZX110 MPX for the AC, so perhaps he can also do GXE10 (i.e. IS200)!. This would give you a factory like experience, i.e. idle up, AC off under heavy load / acceleration, AC compressor protection, etc.

2) Retain the IS200 Engine ECU, and feed it the signals that it needs to be happy enough to run the AC. I don't know exactly what signals will be required to get it to the stage that AC functions, so you'll need to look into that...power and grounds (+B, IGN, Ex grounds) would be a good start, MPX, but I'm not sure if you'll need engine RPM, TPS, etc for example...! Depending on how much you wire up will depend on how much of the "factory" functionality you retain I would say...

3) I'm not super familiar with the IS200 climate control system, but you could look to see if the digital ON/OFF signal for the AC compressor is available inside the actual climate control unit. If you do this however you won't get the "factory" functionality as the engine ECU won't see the AC as being on... however it will see the extra load of the AC so should compensate OK I would say... the climate system also won't have the control it expects...

4) Wire a switch to turn the AC compressor ON/OFF! It would be a good idea to include the low & high pressure switches inline with this switch to protect your compressor to some extent. Maybe you could look at using the existing AC switch and pulling the signal from the little AC indication light on this? You'll need a transistor etc for this...If you go down this path you won't get the factory functionality on the engine ECU side or climate control side...This way is pretty basic...

Cheers
    Wilbo

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

[QUOTE=hititup;1612327]
    Quote Originally Posted by al waleed View Post
    Hi
    having issues with the aircon after doing a 1jz gte vvti conversion on my is200 the A/C not working and The outside temp not working how did you wire up your A/C to work ? im running the stock 1jzgte ecu 89661-3A660[/QUOTE

Did you get your A/C to work? I did a jzs171 swap with the ECU # 89661-3A870 and run in to the same issue.
    I've run the air conditioner, but not through jzs171 ECU I've R Wire a switch to turn the AC compressor ON/OFF and the low & high pressure switches inline with this switch to protect the compressor I added thermostat also the A/C works well but With Low idle .

Hi guys
    I've Change the ecu from jzs171 to jzx110 ( 89661-2a060) and my is200 cluster back to life again , All gauge working properly and the outside temp working properly But the A/C Still not work !!!!

guys Do you have the wiring diagram of JZx110 air con Or it is the same as jzs171 ?

Quote Originally Posted by al waleed View Post
    Hi guys
    I've Change the ecu from jzs171 to jzx110 ( 89661-2a060) and my is200 cluster back to life again , All gauge working properly and the outside temp working properly But the A/C Still not work !!!!

I did a quick search that ECU # 89661-2a060 and it look like that have immobilizer on it.. how you get pass that??
    Is your A/C pressure switch hooked in to the ecu And you have gas in system?? Your engine temperature reading on the cluster too??