Thread: Figuring out the serial number and age of a 2TG block and using a manual fuel pump

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Figuring out the serial number and age of a 2TG block and using a manual fuel pump

I have a 2TGEU and I'm converting to solex carbs. The engine block has a plate on the block where a fuel pump would bolt on. Would there be a lobe inside to operate the manual fuel pump?

The block could have been from a carbie 2TG with a GEU head. Where is the part number on the block. I can find the serial number. The part number will help me figure out the age of the block.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer 71TA22's Avatar

Default Re: Figuring out the serial number and age of a 2TG block and using a manual fuel pum

Take the plate off, use a torch, rotate the engine.

You will soon know if there is lobe.
    Mike
    71 TA22

My Car

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: Figuring out the serial number and age of a 2TG block and using a manual fuel pum

Quote Originally Posted by 72GT View Post
    I have a 2TGEU and I'm converting to solex carbs. The engine block has a plate on the block where a fuel pump would bolt on. Would there be a lobe inside to operate the manual fuel pump?

The block could have been from a carbie 2TG with a GEU head. Where is the part number on the block. I can find the serial number. The part number will help me figure out the age of the block.
    http://members.iinet.com.au/~stepho/engcodes.htm

Junior Member Domestic Engineer 71TA22's Avatar

72GT let us know the engine number from beside the engine oil dipstick tube. Should be 2T-8XXXXXX.

Can tell then if engine block was likely from a carby equiped car.

Does the block have a flame box attached at the rear on the intake side?

However parts swap between engines so no guarantee has the original fuel pump drive shaft. Also fuel injected engines produced for JDM market at the same time as carby engines for the european market.
    Mike
    71 TA22

My Car