Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amendments to NSW Historic Rego

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

Default Re: Amendments to NSW Historic Rego

Thanks for the clarification, Rod.

I think I've attended more events this year than ever before, which has been great fun. Having the beast painted means I'm more inclined to show it off too.

I reckon I'll have more $$$ for build thread updates too with Historic rego savings.

I'm gonna go fill out those forms...

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Rod, in response to your request that members with historic cars be active in their build thread... could somebody on the board please approve the thread I tried to start for my Crown? I have some more progress pics and info to put up but cannot do so with the thread non-existent.

Thanks
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

wut. your members ride thread shouldnt need "approval" ? it should just work

edit; i now see that historic member rides need to be approved. i wonder whether that is necessary and if the separation of historic from regular rides is necessary either.... will discuss with the board

ive approved your thread oman
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Thanks Vitbro
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

I have plenty of Toyota's in my collection but there is an odd 1965 Ford Galaxie! I really don't wanna join another Club, and I enquired with the Galaxie Club and they said any Club can do the historical rego for any car as long as they choose to do so.

Can the Toymods Club help with the historical rego for the 65 Galaxie?

Toyota Trueno GT Apex - AE101, Subaru Legacy B4 - BE5, Ford Galaxie - 1965, Toyota Landcruiser 200series, Honda CBR 250RR, Mazda RX7 FC3S, Toyota Levin GTZ - AE101, Holden Commodore SS - VX

SO00RA Domestic Engineer 4agerolla's Avatar

Hello team,

I've shot across an email to the board, attention River re. application for historic ergo through the club. Just waiting on a response - hopefully someone can get back to me soon so that I can get the car back on the road.

Cheers,
    Chris
    - Silver 2012 Lexus ISF - 2UR-GSE 5 litre V8 goodness
    - Black JZZ30 Soarer - 1JZ-GTE VVTi + factory R154 manual
    - Blue KE17 Sprinter- 3k + K40 manual
    - White MS55 Crown - 2M + 4 speed column shift manual
    - Blue MS51 Crown Hard Top - Angry 4M-B + W50 manual

ap7 - i dont run historics so all i can say is send an email through and the registrars will talk you through it

4agerolla - i think i saw rod already replied to your application
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Seeing as "early 2016" is well and truly over, I've been enquiring with both the RMS and the Minister for Roads & blah blah regarding the modified historic scheme. They both seem to be giving me the run around.
    The RMS have a specific email address for enquiries for this scheme: [email protected] however, don't expect an answer from them soon. Or ever. The general RMS customer service provided an answer but it amounted to no new information than what was in the original press release. The office of the minister's answer was that they've "referred the enquiry to the [email protected] email address" which seems to be a dead end.
    So I sent an email to the Service NSW help desk who surprisingly answered quickly with this:
    "I have spoken to the relevant department and they have confirmed that they have received your email but due to the high volume of enquires they have not replied.
    They did provide an answer verbally being the minister has been briefed regarding the program, Roads and Maritime Services have not yet been advised of a start date so therefore there is no implementation date for the trial at this stage."
    This is rather non committal and unclear as to who's court this ball is in.

Has there been any contact regarding modified historics sent out to clubs since the initial scheme began last year?

Unfortunately we have no further info than you do, apart from being told it is "on the horison" whatever that means...

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by egamirrorim View Post
    Seeing as "early 2016" is well and truly over, I've been enquiring with both the RMS and the Minister for Roads & blah blah regarding the modified historic scheme. They both seem to be giving me the run around.
    The RMS have a specific email address for enquiries for this scheme: [email protected] however, don't expect an answer from them soon. Or ever. The general RMS customer service provided an answer but it amounted to no new information than what was in the original press release. The office of the minister's answer was that they've "referred the enquiry to the [email protected] email address" which seems to be a dead end.
    So I sent an email to the Service NSW help desk who surprisingly answered quickly with this:
    "I have spoken to the relevant department and they have confirmed that they have received your email but due to the high volume of enquires they have not replied.
    They did provide an answer verbally being the minister has been briefed regarding the program, Roads and Maritime Services have not yet been advised of a start date so therefore there is no implementation date for the trial at this stage."
    This is rather non committal and unclear as to who's court this ball is in.

Has there been any contact regarding modified historics sent out to clubs since the initial scheme began last year?
    Chris,

Totally wasting your time with the enquiry I'm afraid. They won't reply to the general public as they will have thousands of enquiries and no real interest in keeping any of us informed. Once sorted they will make a press release via the website.

At best they will contact all the clubs directly on the email address we have logged against our interest, at club level, in the new scheme. But to be honest, even that is unlikely.
    The CMC should inform us if they hear anything, and generally do so if they get the scheme they wont, but won't if they don't.
    Which leaves us back at monitoring the RTA website and keeping an eye out for Press releases.

I can't stress to people enough that they should no hold their breath on this scheme. It could be days away, could be years away.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

While the Minister and the RMS don't have set KPIs on response times, they are mandated to respond to enquiries that meet their correspondence guidelines - politely asking questions is allowed...
    Most people are jaded by the dept and will happily wait until they grace us with an answer, I'm not one of those people. I'm happy to hound them until there is action. In fact, I believe it is more likely to result in action if the community is verbal and regular in their enquiries on the scheme. If we don't constantly ask them the dept and the minister may decide that there has not been enough interest and the scheme is not warranted, especially considering how many other fish they have to fry. I would not be surprised if the people that are supposed to be looking at this, either the Minister's people or the RMS, have not done anything with it since the announcement last year. We're allowed to politely ask them what's going on and when they respond with "dum duh not much has happened" we're allowed to tell them to pull their finger out. They are public servants after all...

I'm aware that it's most likely futile, however, I haven't had to spend much time on it - maybe 15 min writing emails total and about 10min when I rang the Minister's office with my hands free while I did some other things.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

I do a lot of insurance repair work and after a big storm the people we go to first are the ones that make the most noise Not the ones with no roof on their house. Just the way things work unfortunately.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

The modified scheme in NSW is still in the pipeline. Let’s just hope everyone behaves on the Log Book trial before it gets rolled out.
    A couple of questions.
    I speak to a variety of clubs and their take on the rules are very varied.
    Some clubs think the log book includes maintenance and club runs, some think these don’t go in the logbook and the logbook is for using the car outside of the old regulations.
    A lot is up to the club to decide on the rules, they up for interpretation.
    Most clubs I’ve talked to want all club and social events logged in the new Logbook and confirmation before leaving. This is the view of Toymods yes?
    Any questions on the scheme let me know, as I do work in that area.

CHeers

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbaggedte View Post
    The modified scheme in NSW is still in the pipeline. Let’s just hope everyone behaves on the Log Book trial before it gets rolled out.
    A couple of questions.
    I speak to a variety of clubs and their take on the rules are very varied.
    Some clubs think the log book includes maintenance and club runs, some think these don’t go in the logbook and the logbook is for using the car outside of the old regulations.
    A lot is up to the club to decide on the rules, they up for interpretation.
    Most clubs I’ve talked to want all club and social events logged in the new Logbook and confirmation before leaving. This is the view of Toymods yes?
    Any questions on the scheme let me know, as I do work in that area.

CHeers
    So, you work at the RMS? What does "...in the pipeline..." mean? Who's intray is this modified historic scheme in now, the Minister's or the RMS?

I don't have a historic rego'd vehicle at the moment but Rod showed me his 60 day log book from the RMS, it states quite clearly that the 60 log book days are separate to official club events.

I don't know about the maintenance runs though, that's a good question.

Maintenance runs are not official club events and therefore are not applicable under that. Anything which was classed as a "maintenance" run is counted as a logbook day if you use the logbook trial. This is very clear when you read the regs (at least to me it is)