Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defects on Historic Vehicles - Not as easy to clear as you think. Or are they

anti blasphemy ! Carport Converter

Default Re: Defects on Historic Vehicles - Not as easy to clear as you think. Or are they

i dont know how vintage/historic rego works over there, but here, the car has to be standard, as it came out. no modifications done out of originality.
    i dont have a funny or cool signature.

Junior Member Conversion King

Default Re: Defects on Historic Vehicles - Not as easy to clear as you think. Or are they

Sounds like you need better camber tops then. Adubs have ones made by T3 or Cusco and fit fine with factory suspension components. They will add about 10-15mm height though.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Junior Member Conversion King

Quote Originally Posted by fixeruperer View Post
    i dont know how vintage/historic rego works over there, but here, the car has to be standard, as it came out. no modifications done out of originality.
    In ACT it's much the same. Even replacement wheels have to be the same size as factory and period correct, which can come under interpretation but that's as far as it goes.
    I think the subject has wandered past historic rego and now on to police defecting older cars.

Personally I think Australia has it lucky with freedom to drive older cars relatively cheaply. So many other countries will heavily tax you unless you can prove your car is unique, and even then is still expensive.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

This is gonna sound terrible, but my car is undergoing an interior resto, and the new passenger seat was sitting unbolted on the passenger side, there are no carpets, back seats or roof lining. Got pulled up, and the only thing the cop was really interested in me doing was changing from QLD rego to NSW. He stated he didn't want to open the bonnet because he didn't want to see it defected...
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

thats cos you live in the country where cops arent ****s oman
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Actually sometimes country cops are worse :/ In SA anyways... Two of my defects were the same cop in my home town because he wouldn't believe my exhaust was legal.
    My Daily: NooB's Delivery Vehicle
    My wife's Daily: Series B RA40 Liftback 22RE, power steering, AC. Cushy as.
    Current Project: NooB 3TGTE swap
    Back Burner: 1964 Toyopet ToyoAce, and a Series B TA45 GT coupe
    Too many cars

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Nah, plenty of dud cops out here Vits. One of them is really notorious. Booked his own mother for driving while wearing thongs.

They also have regular defect blitzs. I think it's because my car doesn't look like a shitbox that they were lenient. Now to get the ol girl gingerbeer'd...
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Fined his own mother? Wow... Just wow...
    Too many cars

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusEstevez View Post
    ...Two of my defects were the same cop in my home town because he wouldn't believe my exhaust was legal...
    This is because many of us have a complete stock exhaust sitting in the garage for defect-clearing purposes which can then easily be replaced for the better sounding/turbo friendly 3+ inch version.

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23 View Post
    ..Booked his own mother for driving while wearing thongs...
    Are you sure it wasn't his mother in law? I can see the justification there...

Quote Originally Posted by egamirrorim View Post
    This is because many of us have a complete stock exhaust sitting in the garage for defect-clearing purposes which can then easily be replaced for the better sounding/turbo friendly 3+ inch version.
    ;___; My car isn't Turbo and it's only a 2.25 inch system... dB level was measured and is legal but every time I go through that town (To see my parents) He always gets me. My parents wonder why I don't see them.
    Too many cars

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

I'm not saying that you have a "safe" exhaust for defect clearing purposes but some people out there do, hence why cops are suspicious. I'm not saying its right or wrong, but it is what it is.

If you're getting harassed by the same officer/s repeatedly and you legitimately haven't been doing anything wrong I'd be formally complaining about harassment to the Local Area Command. Karma, whether good or bad, only works if we all pay it forward...

He is local area command... I tried the police ombudsmen and that went no where.
    Too many cars

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by egamirrorim View Post
    Karma, whether good or bad, only works if we all pay it forward...
    Yeah I once told a police office I hoped he dies of cervical cancer. he looked at me funny and asked me to repeat it so I said it again really slowly. Still not sure he realised I was calling him a c#nt.

At the end of the day - Cops are much like car enthusiasts. Its generally the few assholes that give the rest a bad name.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Bump - Because someone else had a bad day today (Not me)
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.