Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MR2 Trackday Challenge 2014

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: MR2 Trackday Challenge 2014

Nice to hear Bud. There are four SW20 caged race cars so far with a few more to be confirmed.
    Great to see people coming from all over the place to join the party.

It is a great opportunity to drive the four different layouts at Wakefield over a two day period. The only other time this happens is at the EVO Nationals. Some other events use a combination of the two circuits but (to my knowledge) no other uses the Hillclimb/Short Circuit/GoKart-Full circuit-short circuit/Full circuit for a two day event. Also having yourself set u in a garage then walking across the track to the cabins for night is also a cool aspect of a few days at the track. Some people are concerned about the event being too competitive for their skill or interest but this should not be a concern. The concept of the four layouts over two days is more to do with value for money, making a trek from interstate worth the effort. The competition is there for a fun factor as much as gauging your car and skills with cars of a similar spec.
    It would be great to have a full field of Toyota;s there but we are not too fussed about all the other makes of car which people own and enjoy driving. There will be two EVO's, FD RX7, R33, Lotus Elise from Qld and hopefully a few Honda's.

If any other clubs/groups would like to enter a number of their cars, send a email with 'how many' and I will see what I can do for you.

Finally, if people interested need to stay an extra night or two in the cabins, this can be organized for $50 per person per night.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57986
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.
    www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au
    Winton: 1.37.4/Wakefield: 1.08.1/Eastern Creek: 1.48

Details of Biggy's 500hp v8 silvia?

I'm still keen, but too early still to commit. Would make 2 500hp v8 silvias
    Nissan Silvia S13- 1UZFE

I don't know what biggy is doing. I sent a message and waiting to hear back.
    The Mazda FD 6.0ltr will be a good match up for the Chevy powered S13's.
    The SW20 3.5ltr V6 will be at Wakefield this weekend for some testing.
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

I've sent off to put a deposit down;
    I assume the $100 gets me a place with the $340 due before the event take places but when is accom due and what are the numbers?
    Would like to stay 3 nights I guess.

If my AW11 is not ready for some reason, possible to bring my other Toyota and cut some laps?

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    I've sent off to put a deposit down;
    I assume the $100 gets me a place with the $340 due before the event take places but when is accom due and what are the numbers?
    Would like to stay 3 nights I guess.

If my AW11 is not ready for some reason, possible to bring my other Toyota and cut some laps?
    Yes, all ok with deposit. The balance and additional accommodation will need to be paid by the 1st of Jan 2014. Remember MR2 Club members receive a 10% discount on entry so its $390 plus additional accommodation.

Yes you can bring another Toyota if you like as it is not a 'exclusive' MR2 event. There is allowance for up to 30 MR2's and 20 invited cars. A nice number is 35 for the two days but there is allowance for more. There will be at least one Supra (600hp), some EVO's, 370Z, Skyline, RX3,RX7, AE86, FT86 and Lotus Exige. Would also like to see some Celica's and Honda's if possible.
    The cruise session and show and shine is a separate aspect of MTC 2014 with more news on this in the next week.

I will confirm the entry list in the next week.
    Last edited by B24 SW20; 19-11-2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: mistake

One of the guys has put together a short video clip to give a bit of an idea of what we are doing over the two days.
    http://youtu.be/IKxKT_Ml-ls

We now have 20 cars so far with people coming from W.A., Qld, Tas, Vic, ACT and NSW. Good to see its coming together.

Finally have my own car running and looking forward to make some of GT's events in 2014.

We have less than two weeks till the second MR2 Trackday Challenge with 28 cars taking part. One or two may drop out and one or two may join in, but it's still a great turn out for its second year.
    There are six circuit cars, sixteen modified street cars, 4 street cars and two cars dedicated to the cruise sessions. Everyone who enters the challenge can also enjoy the cruise sessions.
    Of the cars entered there are 19 MR2's. More than likely the most MR2's seen at a circuit in NSW for quite a few years.
    If people are interested in just coming along for the cruise session on either day, the cost is $80 for the day. Good opportunity to come and have a drive at Wakefield Park at a easy pace without flogging the car.
    Be great to see a few of the Toyota owners come down and join us for the trackday with the cruise session, show your cars and join us for a bbq.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default MR2 Trackday Challenge 2016

This event is on again this year and starts tomorrow! (11th Jan)

Come along and spectate. It's a great event and it will give you a taster of what it will be like when you bring your Toyota next year. :-)

I entered by Celica GT4 the first year this was held and I won the street class!

There will be around 40 MR2's competing.

See you there...