Thread: 1g-ge turbo manifold

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 1g-ge turbo manifold

Hi,

im looking in to boosting my 1g-ge powered gz10.

Been searching around on the forum but cant seem to find a straight answer.

Is there a turbo manifold off annother motor that i could bolt on to a 1g-ge motor?

eg. does a 1g-gte manifold bolt up to a 1g-ge?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic slipway's Avatar

Default Re: 1g-ge turbo manifold

yes will fit, i turbo'd my 1gge. what do you plan to do for the oil feed and computer, i just ran a feed off a remote filter block i had, but you could t off the oil pressure sensor on the otherside of the motor. for ecu i ran gte intake manifold and loom,ecu,injectors ect.

Low rep 1st year Apprentice

I have a twin turbo set up u can buy

Forum Member

Hi ther sir . im from SOUTH AFRICA and i cant find people that can import a 1ggte for me. i realy need a turbo on my 1gge. but im still unsertain of a few stuff is there maybe anyway that we could talk abit please im not getting any info on how to turbo a 1gge because of people that only buy the 1ggte motor . and still use the stock ecu of the 1ggte...
    now i already have an after market ecu (spitronics pluto 2) and is tuned.. but i only made 96kw and 166Nm torque witch is no power at all. would yo mind to please tell me what was needed to be done ?

im oing to build my own manifoild.
    if read that the 7mge injectors fit the same fuel rail as 1g engine ? so can i use that ?
    i was thinking of a ct26/t25/t28 /1jz turbo
    did you drop your compression ratio ?
    what boost pressure are you running ?
    did you use the ct12 /13 turbos from the 1gtte ?
    i know the oil lines you aid you just got at the left side of the block .
    i can get the fitting and drill a hole in the sump so long, but is first just wanted to find out what needs to be done on the motor to turbo it please . i would have liked to buy a 1ggte . but i cant find here in south africa.

sorry for asking so much questions but i cant find anything anyware on the innternet that can help me with info on what to do on the 1gge.

i just forgot to ask that my tuner said i must maybe upgrade my fuel pressure pump to a 6 bar one wit h a m16 fitting to fuel rail for max flow op fuel.

and just my other consern is the compression ratio . i know the 1jz latest generation had a 9.0:1 compression ratio and my 1gge has 9.5:1 so if im going to run low boost as the 1ggte would the motor last . becuse the 1ggte had a 8.5:1 compression and made 160 kw and 280 Nm of toque ? sorry for asking all this questions but you are the only guy that i found that done it before. so if you could help i wouldbr much appreciated !!!
    Last edited by swan31; 28-01-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Forum Member

sorry for asking so much questions but i cant find anything anyware on the innternet that can help me with info on what to do on the 1gge.

i just forgot to ask that my tuner said i must maybe upgrade my fuel pressure pump to a 6 bar one wit h a m16 fitting to fuel rail for max flow op fuel.

and just my other consern is the compression ratio . i know the 1jz latest generation had a 9.0:1 compression ratio and my 1gge has 9.5:1 so if im going to run low boost as the 1ggte would the motor last . becuse the 1ggte had a 8.5:1 compression and made 160 kw and 280 Nm of toque ? sorry for asking all this questions but you are the only guy that i found that done it before. so if you could help i wouldbr much appreciated !!!