Thread: Spitronics ECU

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Spitronics ECU

Doing some research while waiting on funds to arrive for an upcoming "Birthday" to the 4th Surf (and a major rebuild to the RN41) and came across mention of these while talking to a South African friend during my dogs birthday party today, sorry my sons birthday party, both him and his dog share the same birthday. So a bit more research and they're similar in cost to a megasquirt, do the same things and you don't have to build it yourself.

Anyone got one or used one or am I going to be the first?
    His. 2005 GRJ120 Prado VX
    Hers. 1995 KZN130 Surf (soon to be replaced by a Rav4)
    1981 LN40 Hilux Trayback ute. Now an RN40 with Surf interior
    1992 Factory Widebody 2door Surf 1UZ-FE V8 Auto, now for sale

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic scottreichstein's Avatar

Default Re: Spitronics ECU

i like the idea of the rn41 build you will prob overtake my build in progress and cant say ive ever heard of spitroncs
    RIP st141 died doing what it loved http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
    1ggte hilux massive 143rwkw http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/sho...724&highlight=
    corolla sportivo daily LIFT

I have been following yours. I'm going NA 1UZ with W58. Keeping stock 2wd front gaurds but want the '81 model full chrome front bumper which seems to be a challenge to get. Probably going to paint it "Firefly Yellow" and generally keep it looking "period" so when I can find some the wheels may be 15x8 and 15x10 Hotwires. Like yours it is a trayback and even with the 18R in there for what I currently use it for is worth it's weight in gold. Had a towie offer me 5 grand for it last week when he dropped a dead Surf off

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

you'll probably be the first AU Spitronics user, their website doesn't clearly indicate how many injector & spark outputs the high-end ECU supports, whether it supports the 1UZ twin dizzi setup, what trigger wheels patterns it supports, what idle-control hardware it supports, you'd have to find a dyno shop willing to use the tuning software that comes with the ECU, you'll be totally reliant on SA-based support as it's obviously not an open system like megasquirt.

Sounds like a lot of risks for the sake of a few hundred aussie peso.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

They have a specific 1UZ kit which is the high end one and apparently "plug and play". Further research at time of writing from talking to another (not on this forum) says that there are a few in Perth running around obviously owned by "Yarpies" and delivering very good results. Time will tell however. While this does seem good value for $$ being a Kiwi I am leaning towards a Link system but if this will offer the same as a Link I'm pretty damn sure that a $1500 saving on the system can be put towards other nice goodies

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic scottreichstein's Avatar

Good job I had 2 full chrome bars but I used 1 for speedway still have 1 but its not 100 percent if u want it they are good run abouts and the 18r is basically bullet proof

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

just get a microtech
    wire it up in 2 hours and yr good to go
    atleast if u have warranty problems its a little bit easier

Forum Member

Anyone got one or used one or am I going to be the first?[/QUOTE]

I have a Spitronics Titan V2.3 setup on my 1UZFE. After somebody knowledgeable in Perth to tune it? I have all the software etc, but have not had to do it since it was installed. The idle is now a bit low when cold and needs a tweak.