Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TA22 Brake Master Cylinder options...

Purple is the new black! Automotive Encyclopaedia sillycar chick's Avatar

Default Re: TA22 Brake Master Cylinder options...

Landcruiser reservoir is the go!!! I fitted it this morning and it looks factory, bolts straight up and doesnt leak!! +rep for ChuckLandwehr for inspiring me with this brilliant idea!! And what the hey, +rep for whoever helped out (sorry oman, you miss out because i have to "spread more love" thanks anyway)
    51LII - 1972 TA22 Celica | Morpheous Metallic | 4AGE 20v Silvertop | Razorback ECU | W58
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    There is not much hotter than a Freshly painted Celica, Unless its the reflection of a freshly painted Celica on a freshly painted Celica

Village Idiot Automotive Encyclopaedia

also misubishi pajero/triton master also bolts up. i think its very similar to the cruiser one.
    i've one in mine and no issues at all - although had to make up lines to suit
    PM me if you want pic.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer shelldrake's Avatar

Would you mind posting a pic of the completed setup? Or pm me a pic. I'm interested in perhaps doing the same. Thanks in advance.

yeah here ya go

EDIT : The pics will work when my stupid hosting decides to start working again. Sorry
    Last edited by Grega; 31-05-2006 at 06:16 PM. Reason: stupid hosting (again)

Purple is the new black! Automotive Encyclopaedia sillycar chick's Avatar

Pics of landcruiser reservior on TA22 master cylinder:

51LII - 1972 TA22 Celica | Morpheous Metallic | 4AGE 20v Silvertop | Razorback ECU | W58
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    There is not much hotter than a Freshly painted Celica, Unless its the reflection of a freshly painted Celica on a freshly painted Celica

oooh. almost forgot. credit where credit is due. fook (who i guess is on here still) told me about this master cylinder being a bolt on job. that it is and it does a bloody good job - the ta22 with the ln130 surf calipers stops on a bloody dime.

Forum Member

My RA25 has two reservoirs coming from the Master Cylinder: https://i.imgur.com/p0eEuu0.jpg

The Tercel MC has a single reservoir: https://i.imgur.com/itg6JFs.jpg

Is the single reservoir fine instead of the stock 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Grega View Post
    oooh. almost forgot. credit where credit is due. fook (who i guess is on here still) told me about this master cylinder being a bolt on job. that it is and it does a bloody good job - the ta22 with the ln130 surf calipers stops on a bloody dime.
    Which MC did you use that was perfectly bolt on? Also did you have to do any other modification to put in the LN130 calipers? How about rotors, could you use the stock TA22 rotors?

Quote Originally Posted by 3T-GTE View Post
    - R32 non abs master cylinder - it is amazing how much Nissan stuff bolts on to toyotas (don't want to give away too many secrets here though)
    What is involved with putting the R32 MC on the celica? Does it work as a 100% bolt in replacement? Also what happens if you use a ABS master cylinder? I've found 2 R32 MC's for sale, but it doesn't specify if they are ABS or not.

EDIT: for anyone wondering, here's an update since I finished the job. I couldn't easily get a Tercel MC, so I found a used MC from a EP91 Toyota Starlet (1996–1999). It shares the same MC as the Tercel (as does the Toyota Paseo, and the Toyota Cynos), and it fits perfectly in the Celica. It also has a much firmer pedal than stock, and is great. For anyone wondering, it is a non-ABS MC with just 2 port holes for brake lines.

The problem is that the bolts from the stock brake line didn't easily go into the Starlet's MC. The size and thread is the same, but the stock Celica bolts have this weird extra little flare on the end which won't go into the Starlet MC without a huge amount of force shoving it in there. I managed to get one brake line in that way, and the other just wouldn't go, so I got a pipe cutter and a flaring tool and cut the Celica bolt off the line, put one that came with the Starlet on it, and then re-flared the brake line following instructions from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXRXsc--jA
    Last edited by RA25_Celica; 23-11-2017 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Update

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Got a brake master cylinder, from a 98 mitsubishi mirage, seems to fit fine no leak.

Ill link some photos next, id like to mount the res off the top to the firewall what is the best way to go.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice