Thread: I UZ FE VVTi wiring

Forum Member

Default I UZ FE VVTi wiring

Hello to all Toymods members from sunny South Africa.

I have just joined the group and am wondering if there is anyone out there that has an electrical diagram for the 1UZ FE VVTi engine. I bought a front cut - so I have all the electrics with the engine - the idea being to keep all factory settings for the engine as original as possible.

I have stripped out the full wiring loom and am going through a long tedious process of trying to trace all the wires to establish which ones I need and don't need. The pinouts of the ECU (part # 89661-50450) would be a huge help, specifically the two plugs that run across to the ignition and instrument panel.

As a point of interest I am doing the Lexus transplant into a longwheel base Mercedes Sprinter with the final goal of building a mobilehome for my wife and I to enjoy in our retirement.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

Default Re: I UZ FE VVTi wiring

You should have checked the dedicated wiring diagram thread here first. Send me blank email , I'll send you back the diagrams.

Of your front cut, you will need your ECU, immobilizer box, and preferrably the whole steering column assembly. You must retain at least one original key that can start your engine (not the one that just opens doors). There're really just few wires needed for immobilizer to work correctly.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Forum Member

Hi George.
    Sorry but I am a first time forum user and don't yet know my way around. My e-mail address is [email protected] I have all the parts you mentioned - key - immobiliser - steering column etc. Thanks for the help.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

email sent
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own