Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mega Supercharger 4AGZE thread, using twinscrew charger

R.I.P. Pentamax Chief Engine Builder Adsport's Avatar

Default Re: The Mega Supercharger 4AGZE thread, using twinscrew charger

+rep for the work so far !

curiosities:

can the s/c outlet be made to be larger? i.e. 2.5" (76mm)

can the s/c itself be 'flipped' over so that the outlet is on the back (rearward facing) side?

what internal bore is the throttle body?

what pressure will this setup make on youre drive setup on 8.0 bigport motor and 8.9 smallport motor?

are you going to be offering optional overdrive/underdrive pulleys for boost changes ?

i am currently running an SC14 with ATA intercooler on the roof line (yes im serious). my s/c outlet is at the back and ive been happy with all of the piping after upgrading it to 2.5". i have since upgraded my throttle body to 4age (63mm iirc) and my intake adapter to 76mm via a custom setup i have made all myself.

i will be very interested to see this in application, keep up the good work mate
    Last edited by Adsport; 12-06-2007 at 03:10 AM.
    My fat AW11 poobarge - 4AGZE (retired)

My Corolla ! - 4AGTE

KP61 - 4AGE

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Seems as if you are on the right track for s/c power with your upgrades. Outlet diameter is 2.5 inches. If you flip the blower upside down then you will be unable to change s/c pulleys to increase boost inside the vehicle. One would have to disassemble everything and take the blower out to increase boost. Even though it takes about 15 minutes for complete removal of EVERYTHING, it is still much more convenient to raise boost while the blower is in the car. There will be boost pulleys available that retail less then 100US. Not for certain of the Inner bore of the TB, but its huge!!! Lets just say that the stock TB will fall through the new TB for the twinscrew
    Stay tuned for finished pics and dyno plots.

Thanks
    Ron

thanks for the answers we anxiously await updates

the only reason i make a point of the 2.5" piping is that ive done some r&d involving the SC14's and have had NO gains after installing an SC14 and retaining (on customer advise) the 2" piping. it seems to get choked with a 2" system . im interested to see how yours performs with 2 or 2.5" intake tract and piping.

My Corolla ! - 4AGTE

KP61 - 4AGE

For the Aw11 and stock intercooler I have a bolt on kit. For any Aw11 owners with upgraded intercoolers, then I can provide the 2.5 inch plumping slightly past the bypass valve in which one can finish the pluming to their intercooler.

Here are some pics of the blower in car with plumbing. I took everything apart to get the finalized work done for the Billet bracket. Lightweight, but very strong. Please excuse the dirt and grease

Ron

Wrong Wheel Driven Grease Monkey PooJou's Avatar

So ok wow - that thing really isn't that big at all - I'm willing to be the guinea pig "first ae92" owner of one of these things - of course given mechanical/electrical abilities

I am still a little confused re: the piping - tho that may be just because I'm not AW11 familiar

:ugh: yet another part to add to my engine bay
    |Delta Goodrem is hot|
    |irc.oz.org #flora - full of erm...stuff |
    |Toyota Corolla RS-X|

No need to worry about electronics as the kit stock runs low boost to suit injectors and stock ecu parameters. Just like upping the boost with your s/c12 but with less heat, less drag, and alot more Cfm.

Ron

is there enough clearance to say put a silicone 90 degree bend on the stock intercooler inlet and then just do one bend off of the supercharger outlet towards the cooler? looks like youve got a a bend and a loop there.

My Corolla ! - 4AGTE

KP61 - 4AGE

Quote Originally Posted by Adsport
    is there enough clearance to say put a silicone 90 degree bend on the stock intercooler inlet and then just do one bend off of the supercharger outlet towards the cooler? looks like youve got a a bend and a loop there.

The system is always under pressure so a silicone elbow will crush under negative vacuum. Ideally, upgrading the intercooler to an A2W unit has proven to be the most optimum for Aw11 owners. For those that are using upgraded intercoolers, fabbing the outlet pipe to suit your intercooler as you know can easily be fabbed locally. Reducing the price of the kit and making it versatile. The Billet outlet top can also be turned around to route the plumbing the opposite way as well. The idea was to make this a more universal kit for the many 4agze configurations.

Thanks
    Ron

Wrong Wheel Driven Grease Monkey PooJou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RonRob
    The system is always under pressure so a silicone elbow will crush under negative vacuum. Ideally, upgrading the intercooler to an A2W unit has proven to be the most optimum for Aw11 owners. For those that are using upgraded intercoolers, fabbing the outlet pipe to suit your intercooler as you know can easily be fabbed locally. Reducing the price of the kit and making it versatile. The Billet outlet top can also be turned around to route the plumbing the opposite way as well. The idea was to make this a more universal kit for the many 4agze configurations.

Thanks
    Ron
    That's what I wanted to hear, as I pretty much would like the inlet/outlet where they are now on the stock SC12 so I can bolt my W2A stuff directly onto it.

Looking forward to updates!
    |Delta Goodrem is hot|
    |irc.oz.org #flora - full of erm...stuff |
    |Toyota Corolla RS-X|

Non qualified Domestic Engineer

How go's the progress, RonRob? Are you able to provide pulleys for 14/15 psi? Looking forward to this getting completed and being available
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    except for a very few exceptions
    "Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often."

Daily: Glorified Taxi (F6 Typhoon). Out Of Action: Twin-charged Adub. Ongoing Nightmare: Over re-engineered (not) Alfa Romeo 75.

SC14'd Member Domestic Engineer nick.parker's Avatar

Hey Ronrob,
    Have you cranked up the boost on the 7A yet? What boost / hp are you running on the 7A now and how does it compare to the 4A from a your perspective? Do you have 8.0:1 GZE pistons in the 7A (and hence 8.8:1) ?
    Cheers, Nick
    == 4AGZE SC14 Supercharged ==
    Now flogg'n the SC14 @ 18psi....

Everything is going great at the moment and 14-15psi pulley will not be a problem. Power output at that boost level should be around 210+ to the wheels and an injector upgrade will likely be in order. If its the blowers sweet spot then you can expect even more power.

We are going to turn up the boost on the 7a this week as well as get some more dyno numbers. Current boost level is 7 psi which feels like a stock s/c. Can't really compare the difference, but I will say that taking off in 3rd gear at 1500 rpm like you are in first gear is rather impressive. We are going to see how she feels with about 10psi and will post the dyno plots at that boost level.

Ron

Hey RonRob, how do I go about placing an order for an MR2? Won't need any pipe work, but the apropriate pieces of silicon hose would save some time. Cheers.

Daily: Glorified Taxi (F6 Typhoon). Out Of Action: Twin-charged Adub. Ongoing Nightmare: Over re-engineered (not) Alfa Romeo 75.

so do we know if these will fit in fwd corollas such as the ae82s?