Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mega Supercharger 4AGZE thread, using twinscrew charger

AVGAS DRINKING Carport Converter 30psi 4agte's Avatar

Default Re: The Mega Supercharger 4AGZE thread, using twinscrew charger

Shit !! someone has been busy!

Do you CNC all that stuff yourself ?? ...... Very nice work!

Whats the cost to set something like that up ?

ROB: Do you have any pics of the final setup on the engine ?

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Looking damn sexy... I think more people are watching then you know

Wrong Wheel Driven Grease Monkey PooJou's Avatar

Eagerly awaiting a kit suitable for the AE92 FWD corolla's. I have a feeling that it would be verrryyy popular

Also some pics of the mounted setup, as yeah, I'm interested to see where all the piping goes now.

(Running my intercooling again is would also be, very interesting)
    |Delta Goodrem is hot|
    |irc.oz.org #flora - full of erm...stuff |
    |Toyota Corolla RS-X|

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Sorry it has taken so long for me to post back as I had troubles changing my email address on the site. Heres how it looks in an Aw11. A series frames are very similiar and I believe there is just enough clearance for Ae92's and 101's.

More pics to come with finished plumbing.

Ron

Wrong Wheel Driven Grease Monkey PooJou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RonRob
    Sorry it has taken so long for me to post back as I had troubles changing my email address on the site. Heres how it looks in an Aw11. A series frames are very similiar and I believe there is just enough clearance for Ae92's and 101's.

*snip*

More pics to come with finished plumbing.

Ron
    Nice nice, wait I'm a little confused tho - inlet for the charger is on the ...top and the outlet is on the side yeah? (I'm trying to think in terms of my WTA setup that's all lol.)
    Looks bloody good tho either way!
    |Delta Goodrem is hot|
    |irc.oz.org #flora - full of erm...stuff |
    |Toyota Corolla RS-X|

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

i'm curious as to why the inlet is very nice.. but the outlet is all sharp 90deg turns and such? there is limitied space but...

for the brackets, did you think of leaving them as steel for stiffness?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

yeah, looks like there isn't much option with the outlet with regards to the exit from the supercharger, however the next section (which looks like a bolt on attachment) could be massively improved. Firstly it could be designed with high volume air flow in mind (no violent direction changes) and secondly, point the outlet in the direction of the intercooler (unless you see something i cant).

This should do just fine for a prototype though.

I'm on the edge of my seat

-Phil

I appreciate the thoughts and input with regards to design. In all honesty, I think the outlet will flow just fine. The bottom peice to the outlet bolts to the bracket and is square in its opening. The top angular peice transitions the square into circle and does so smoothly. Keep in mind the pressure regulator sits directly behind the outlet and is slightly relocated due to spacing. I think the angular shape of the outer demension is throwing you off a bit. Bottom line is there is not enough space to make anything substantialy better with regards to flow and design then what we have now. Facing it towards the intercooler would be impossible due to spacing. Spacing is a nightmare, let alone desinging it and keeping in mind making it easy to take off and put on.

However this is the prototype and am very open into improving things. I will have more detailed pics in the future as well as the updated pics of the finished plumbing.

Ron
    Last edited by RonRob; 20-04-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

ahh, fair enough

looking forward to seeing this going
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Yes I will have it going and to the dyno shortly. As to your question with regards to the bracket, yes we made it in steel for stiffness, but it will be made out of billet aluminum for the kit.

30psi, I have a buddy who does the Cnc work for me, and yes I have been a little busy as this kit has taken much to long to finish.

PouJou, the Inlet is the complete backside of the blower and the outlet is on the side.

Ron

Hey Ron,

Any news on the tuning front? I am (and others I'm sure) dying the hear final dyno reading.

any news on this kit yet ron?

Sorry to respond so late as I do not get updated when a post is made to this forum. I am putting ample miles on the Twinscrew right now and I am going to be taking orders in June/July for Aw11 owners. For anyone interested in the kit for the Rolla, I need someone to get me some quick measurements to assure no clearance issues. I only need to know how far are the top two s/c bolt holes on the intake manifold (s/c12 attaches to the top two manifold bolts) away from the firewall and brake reservoir. If you have a Rolla then look at my pics closely to see how the blower sits matched to the pulleys. I know on Rollas their is a reservoir that might be in the way, but probably not.

Thanks
    Ron

Non qualified Domestic Engineer

Post Re: The Mega Supercharger 4AGZE thread, using twinscrew charger

Top work!!!
    How much is this kit going to cost when complete? And an idea of freight costs to oztralia would be sweet.
    Are upgraded cams and cam gears worthwhile with this set up?
    What size injectors are you using?
    I need to clean up a mess I just made........................

Quote Originally Posted by Plonka
    Top work!!!
    How much is this kit going to cost when complete? And an idea of freight costs to oztralia would be sweet.
    Are upgraded cams and cam gears worthwhile with this set up?
    What size injectors are you using?
    I need to clean up a mess I just made........................

Thanks! Kit pricing has not been finalized, but my goal is to keep it under 3500US with hopes to have have it around the 3000US dollar range. Kit will be complete bolt on for Aw11 owners with slight revisions for Ae86's and Ae92/Ae101's. Kit will use stock injectors and ecu for stock boost. What you do from there to get your 300+rwhp will be up to the consumer. I will have dyno graphs for stock boost and perhaps a run or two on the Aw11 with EMS to get an idea of what 300rwhp all s/c will look like.

At this time, cams and any other headwork is not needed. In fact, I believe I will hit 300rwhp on the smallport gear with everything being bone stock with exception of twinscrew, A2W intercooler, intake and exhaust!!

Ron

Ps. Thought I would note that there are 4 bigger blowers that will BOLT on to our outlet, and inlet so possiblities are endless!!!