Thread: quick bit of advice needed for prospective buying of an LS400 > buddy club suspension

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia SillyCarS's Avatar

Default quick bit of advice needed for prospective buying of an LS400 > buddy club suspension

hi all

anyone know much about buddy club suspension in an LS400

the car is in great nick and about the only thing i could find fault with was a bit of oil off the bottom of the strut on the front passenger wheel

it has buddy club coilovers in it and apparently the lower bushing is cracked..

does this sound legit? why would there be fluid there? im thinking breach in hydraulic piston... any thoughts? or are they gas

rang japanese import spares and they reckon $70 for lower bushing.. so no big deal there.. just a bit worried if its the strut itself that needs replacing

seems like a pretty honest guys, said he did overdo the lubing of suspension a bit

other than that the car is pretty immaculate

cheers

craig

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia SillyCarS's Avatar

Default Re: quick bit of advice needed for prospective buying of an LS400 > buddy club suspen

yeah rang JMS. sounds a bit odd.. i'll be pulling the wheel off and having a good look i reckon.. $1700 to replace set.. buddy club not repairable