Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling all 1JZ VVTI owners: NA to 1JZ VVTI JZA80 conversion help needed!

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Calling all 1JZ VVTI owners: NA to 1JZ VVTI JZA80 conversion help needed!

hi thanks for that but my problem is i havent got the wiring that goes in the supra ecu so cant trace the colours.
    do you bhy any chance have the colour of the wires.
    thanks for the thread tho
    thanks lee

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Default Re: Calling all 1JZ VVTI owners: NA to 1JZ VVTI JZA80 conversion help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by leeti View Post
    hi thanks for that but my problem is i havent got the wiring that goes in the supra ecu so cant trace the colours.
    Sorry mate, I'm not sure what you mean?

Why do you need to trace via colors? Why can't you trace via plugs? Have the JZA80 plugs been cut off? If so that will generate quite a bit of work

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

i managed to do the wires by the pin numbers thanks do you have the soarer wiring like this that would be a real big help
    thanks lee.

Sorry mate I haven't done up a guide for JZZ30, mainly because I don't have the JDM wiring diagram book to work off

If someone wants to source and supply the JZZ30 wiring diagram book to me I'll look at doing a write up...

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

ok thanks ill try and get that probly be hard to get it but ill try
    thanks very much

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hey leeti sorry mate I haven't been on in a while, If there's anything I can help with let me know buddy (I have some printed docs I used etc), however, I am no where near as knowledgeable as Will is!

As Will said, don't go by colour, big mistake as it changes from year to year. Shoot me a PM if you need a hand and I'll try help as best I can.

Cheers
    Chris.

thanks chris wilbo has helped no end. i have the vacc pipes left and for some reason when i connect the fuel pump it floods and struggles to idle but will rev. but when i disconnect the pump it idles lovely till the fuel runs out.
    any idea bud. also its putting the vac pipes in the right place.
    my other thread shows what i mean bud.
    im stuck at that point at the min thanks for your help.
    lee

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

hmm not too sure, what do you mean struggle to idle? Does it idle very low or does it die? Shoot me a PM and link me the other thread you posted up man.

Cheers
    Chris.

Forum Member

Hi Everybody
    Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but I have just finished a 1jz vvti (Soarer JZZ30) conversion to my 94 Auto Supra
    I'm just having trouble working out how to get the speedo working.
    just need to know do I run
    II1 PIN 2 speed sensor wire to the C84 Ecu PIN 3
    II1 PIN 8 Speedo/speed sensor wire to C84 Ecu PIN 9
    any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks

I believe that JZZ30 VVTi 1JZ-GTE still has a 3 wire speed sensor as well as the two wire speed sensor for the auto... (Later VVTi engines such as VVTi 2JZ-GTE autos do not have the 3 wire speed sensor at all...!).

Please confirm that you do have a 3 wire speed sensor on the auto gearbox, and then check the wiring according to the following...

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...ngine%20Wiring

In particular you'll want to read the text for pin 2 and 8 of plug 90980-11555 (orange on the JZA80).

The following might also be of some help...

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/5...peed%20Sensors

In short, if your auto has a 3 wire speed sensor, then that 3 wire speed sensor signal should go direct to the dash, and the dash then outputs the signal to the engine ECU.

Cheers
    Wilbo

Forum Member

Thanks for the Reply
    Sorry forgot to mention I'm using the soarer auto so it only has the 2 pin speed sensor on the rear of the box
    ill have to double check if their is another speed sensor on the box so if it has a 3 pin sensor as well I can still just wire that one straight up to the dash and it should work

Thanks for your input and your wiring write up has been a massive help