is there an easy way to remove drive shafts
    if so what is the procedure
    last time i did it .... never again...
    cheerin
    kaino

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: removing drive shafts

any one got ideas 4 me
    what do i do unbolt the strut from the hub then pwr steering rack from the hub then hub off the kframe and rip the PITA UT .. HOW DO I TAKE THE SHAFT OFF THE HUB/ROTOR
    THANKS

UZA80 Automotive Encyclopaedia horse's Avatar

Struts: there's 2 bolts where the strut is bolted to the hub. then there is the lower control arm bolts (3 from memory). You'll need to undo the lower bolts first, then lever it off. then undo the top two bolts.

Outer shaft: to take shaft out from hubs, you need to take the wheel off, take off the circlip (unbend, cut your choice) and then remove the lock nut. Then you'll need a decent breaker and from memory a 35mm socket to remove the driveshaft nut. once that's off you can then remove the shafts from the hub.

Don't pull the driveshafts too much as you might end up popping them off at the rubber boot which will be another pain in the arse.

CV's inner: i usually use a crow bar and just give the drive shafts one quick firm smack and they'll pop out. there should be a leverage point some where. Don't use the thin metal shield as a leverage point, this will just warp. Remember a quick firm movement will free it from the circlip inside.

Steering arms: you need to undo the nut but from memory there is a clip or something that holds the nut from loosening. spray everything with wd40/inox.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

thanks again horse ...
    im go rip this thing out .....