Thread: Ls400 + lpg

RIP Scott Kalitta Automotive Encyclopaedia Mr DOHC's Avatar

Default Ls400 + lpg

A mate of mine wants to put one of these new multi point LPG systems on his LS400 (celsior) I have had an old school one before and will never have one again. I'm not trying to dissuade him, I'm just don't want him to waste cash.
    His primary reason is to reduce his weekly running costs, but I know from my experience you end up using more fuel, fill up more often, and have less power. Does anyone know if this is still true with these new systems?
    JZX83+ FMIC+ Twin 2.5" dumps to 3"+ FCD+ 2800rpm stallie+ 14psi - LSD - good tyres = 12.85 @105.58

The boobs are back

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: Ls400 + lpg

the new multi point injected gas systems are 1000000000 times better than the old taxi spec systems most people are familier with.

some of them actually start and warm up the car on petrol before seamlessly transitioning over to gas. other systems can run on gas for low load (e.g. less than 50% throttle), then will transition over to petrol for more power. there's plenty out there and they can get very high tech and expensive.

i looked into it 3 years ago when i got my XR8 ute (5.4L 260kw V8) and with a good, but not top of the line, system installed, i would have needed to own the car for 5 years to break even... as i don't do a lot of km's in it per year, i didn't think it was worth the hassle.

my 2 cents
    SHEPPO..