Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Forum Member

Default Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jezz View Post
    Justin check here

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/sho...ht=ACT+spotted

and here

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/act-events/

Most of the Canberra Toyota crowd hang around in the ACT spotted thread and go to the ACT events.

I can't remember the last Z20 Soarer we had in Canberra.

Thanks for the help

Junior Member Grease Monkey ira11y's Avatar

Hi my names Michael, "long time listener first time caller" its been a while, so please play gently
    Cheers Michael
    Opinions are like assholes, everybodys got one.

Forum Member

Hi Guys

It Rusco here, I own a old sparky ute. It a 97 hilux ute with a well used 22R pushing over 369xxx thousand kms far as I know it all original. It my daily ute, my other car is a TR magna that I slowly doing up. Im looking for information on putting 4wd front guards and surf headlights on a 2wd hilux. Plus info on what offset size rims I can put on it. I got some basic mods updating various pieces and always looking out for parts.

Cheers

Forum Member

Duplication post because im an idiot been awhile since Ive been on forum.

Forum Member

Hey Guys,

New here, I am generally on the ozcelica forums so yes as the name suggests I own 2 Celica's both needing work done...one is a daily the other is my long term project (since I'm not legal to drive her yet and she has a blown motor). The cars are a 1986 ST162 and 1990 ST185 GT4 (JDM)

Cheers

Forum Member

Hey Guys,

New here, I am generally on the ozcelica forums so yes as the name suggests I own 2 Celica's both needing work done...one is a daily the other is my long term project (since I'm not legal to drive her yet and she has a blown motor). The cars are a 1986 ST162 and 1990 ST185 GT4 (JDM)

Cheers

Forum Member

Hi All,

Currently have 3 Toyota's so joined up here to have a look around. Current cars are:

* 1997 Aristo
    * 2004 Kluger Grande
    * 1995 Hilux

Looking forward to checking out this forum. Looks to be filled with a huge amount of information.

Forum Member

Hi All,

Currently have 3 Toyota's so joined up here to have a look around. Current cars are:

* 1997 Aristo
    * 2004 Kluger Grande
    * 1995 Hilux

Looking forward to checking out this forum. Looks to be filled with a huge amount of information.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hi there fellow members,

names Kyaw, i have been a corolla fan since 1980s with my sisters first car a KE70.

i am a DIYer where possible. Father of 1 and husband. Owned some renowned Japanese cars (GTR/Aristo)

Came across this site many many times and finally decided to register for the first time. I helped out my niece by buying her first car (my current AE93) off her as she had blown the clutch and had oil leaks. she no longer could afford to run it and needed quick uni-student cash. looking for the dizzy oil leak guide i came across Toymods article.

anyway i hope to be of some help to fellow members where possible.

all the best.

Kyaw.

Forum Member

Hello all,

I'm Incent from Belgium. Already visit this site several times and finally decided to register. I'm the owner of an ae86 LHD coupe 2d silver. Restored and awainting an engine upgrade for next year

Forum Member

Hi everyone,
    looking forward to getting to know you all, I am Jason and located in Bunbury WA and am in the process of building a 1jz KE70 drift car that's about 80% complete
    and also own a 98 3.2L diesel navara that lacked power with the 33" tyres so mounted a SC14 charger to as a daily (kinda Toyota related haha).
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jb01; 26-11-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Forum Member

i dont know how to delete this post
    Last edited by lucio198; 01-12-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Forum Member

hello everyone,
    im Lucio from Argentina and I`m the owner of a 1981 toyota Celica ST liftback, its a RA40 with a 2T engine, i`ve made some changes to it like a set of honda Accord wheels and the side panels from a GT. well i hope to find lots of info here and i will try to help everytime i can.
    cheers.

Hi All,

I'm based in Perth and am one half of a pair of blokes that do a charity rally raising money for the Cancer Council. The idea is, we get a car that's worth <$1000 and drive it through the outback. 2015 will be my third rally. Well, the car we've bought for 2015 is a Toyota Crown. I really didn't know much about Toyotas before, but I'm learning.
    I believe it's an MS45, but she's been heavily modified. She's had the top chopped and a different engine (I think it's a 4M - maybe someone can confirm?) and there's some nice bash plates underneath, sidepipe etc. She was a variety club car previously, but has sat in a garage for the past 3 years or so. I believe that chap who owned her passed away, and his wife has kept paying the rego. It came with a boot full of spares too.
    This car cost $800 (from Gumtree) with a month or so rego still on her. We've since spent another $60 doing her up! And really don't want to spend too much more, but are happy to do anything else she needs for cheap ourselves. We've now got headlights and wipers that turn off, and indicators and horns that work!
    I've been doing a fair bit of reading on this site, and figured I should pop by and say hi.

Did I mention that I love this car?

cheers
    Kelvin
    team-thunderbox.com

<edit>
    PS. Thanks very much for the donation from the anonymous toymods person. Much appreciated, and a great cause.
    Last edited by Team-Thunderbox; 02-12-2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: add thank you

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hi there all, my name is Lou and I'm from Sydney.
    Just want to thank Simon for pointing me to this community, I bumped into him at that curious wrecking yard in Riverstone with the even more curious-but-harmless owner:-)

My current every-day ride is a blue RT81, found it last April in Lithgow NSW. It was owned by the one family and regularly maintained with only 78000 miles travelled. The body is clean with minor scratches, the usual wear & tear of 41 years. It has no rust!

Since finding this rough-little-gem I’ve completely refurbished the Braking system with new components werever possible.
    The Clutch master cylinder and slave was done too.
    All cooling system hoses have been replaced as well as a new water pump, radiator and heater-core.
    It's reliable and I can drive it all day without it overheating.
    The clock works.
    The factory radio works too but is AM and full of talkback shock-jocks, makes my brain want to eat itself to get away from them so I just cruise listening to the engine note.
    Some rubber mudflaps and those wire curb-whiskers things that stop me crunching the hubcaps.

To finish it, there’s a new dashboard crash-mat on the way.
    I build it from scratch with a fiberglass base that I moulded off the metalwork. I then applied special two-part polyurethane foam to this base in small sections and built up to a rough shape. Next I sanded and shaped it ready for the last step, the outer vinyl finish. This step has to be done in a vacuum oven which is out of my leauge. My crash-mat is currently with ProStitch in Sydney who are tasked with this job and I hope to see it back soon.

dont know if this is going to work, some pics: