Thread: Unequal and Equal length drive shafts.... AW11

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Red face Unequal and Equal length drive shafts.... AW11

Hey All...

I've currently got a set of unequal drive shafts from an AE111 1/2 cut, and I have attempted to install them in my AW11 when I tried performing the conversion. Alas, the long shaft did not fit (About 1 or 2 cm too long)... but with a few minor changes (Swap with shorter shafts) to the short bit of the long shaft, it might be able to make them fit.

None the less... My question is... Is it worth getting equal length drive shafts on an AW11.
    I know on a FWD car, it makes a big difference due to torque steer, and I have actually felt the difference... but on an AW11, are there any benefits?

Reason I'm asking, is because I have fellow Toyota Owner who wants to buy them...

Thanks
    MIKE.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Unequal and Equal length drive shafts.... AW11

Bumpi... Anybody?

Thanks
    MIKE.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: Unequal and Equal length drive shafts.... AW11

afaik equal length driveshafts wouldnt make much difference on an aw11. the reason they are favoured on the ae82 is for torque steer as you say, but off the line traction in an aw11 is not an issue. I'm not a genius in this department though, and there could be other effects it has on how the car behaves when accelerating out of a corner or something, but generally speaking an LSD will solve any traction issues you may have in an AW11
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta