Thread: questions about HP for 3sgte st185

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default questions about HP for 3sgte st185

Hi..,
    Anybody out there who knows about 3sgte st185 engine. I hv this engine basically still standard, except ceramic coated piston, 540cc injectors, haltech e6x, 1.5mm stainless steel head gasket, st205 oem camshaft and the w58 gearbox.

If i want to push up the HP up to 300 at the rear wheel, is there anything else I should do. Basically I want to be my setting as standard as possible. I just want to go for mild mods.

Please advice. Really appreciated. Thanks a lot

Default Re: questions about HP for 3sgte st185

for the engine no, those mods are more then fine. For the turbo either a highflow or a ct20b off a 205
    ST205 Group A Rallye GT-Four 307kw atw @23 psi on 98oct, Now on E85.

1973 TA22

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

yeh my broinlaws gen3 3sgte stock motor made 250rwhp and was missing and running uber rich @ 17psi, that was on a dyno dynamics with conservative hp rating.

so your motor with the MLS HG and 540's should be able to push 300 with the haltech so lond as you get a turbo to push the amount of air required.

well gen3 have a mhg factory, but yeah, with a good condition ct20b and still 540cc inj 300 is possible.

1973 TA22

So you are saying that if I use the turbo CT20B off the ST205, I should be able to make 300HP ??

I ever asked you before that there's difference between ct20a and the ct20b.

What I have now is the ct20a. If I would like to prepare the adaptor to connect it to my engine, can i use the ct20a turbo for the bolt positions as referrence ??

Please reply asap because it happens my vehicle is at the garage now being dismantle.
    Thanks.

David L

the ct20a is off the 3t-gte and is not suitable and will not make 300hp.

the ct20 is one of the turbos off a 2jz-gte and is also not suitable

the ct20b is off the st205 (and series 2 sw20 mr2) and is suitable for 300hp.

1973 TA22

Quote Originally Posted by Cuts
    for the engine no, those mods are more then fine. For the turbo either a highflow or a ct20b off a 205
    Hi..,
    I am wondering what kinds of ecu or stand alone are you using ? If you are using stand along computer, do u think u might share the mapping with me please.
    Why i'm asking this because there's no good tuner here in indonesia.
    Please help me, i'm trying to get the best setTings for my car.

Thanks. up for my car.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan yee
    yeh my broinlaws gen3 3sgte stock motor made 250rwhp and was missing and running uber rich @ 17psi, that was on a dyno dynamics with conservative hp rating.

so your motor with the MLS HG and 540's should be able to push 300 with the haltech so lond as you get a turbo to push the amount of air required.
    Hi..

Sorry but may i know what's MLS HG and 540's ??
    Sorry

mls hg is referring to a metal head gasket, and 540's is the cc/minute rating of the injectors he is using.

as for ecu im using an apexi power fc pro, if you get a power fc i dont mind sharing my map, keeping in mind i have 264 deg camshafts a custom plenum, bigger throttle body, front mount intercooler etc, so although it will be a good start to what you would need it would need touching up to suit your engine. I may have a map kicking around somewhere from when it was more stock, ill have a look.

1973 TA22

Quote Originally Posted by Cuts
    mls hg is referring to a metal head gasket, and 540's is the cc/minute rating of the injectors he is using.

as for ecu im using an apexi power fc pro, if you get a power fc i dont mind sharing my map, keeping in mind i have 264 deg camshafts a custom plenum, bigger throttle body, front mount intercooler etc, so although it will be a good start to what you would need it would need touching up to suit your engine. I may have a map kicking around somewhere from when it was more stock, ill have a look.
    Thanks for the reply. It's a shame that you're using different kinds of computer.
    If you know anybody who's using 3sgte engine but mods more or less like mine and controlled by Haltech e6x, kindly inform me please, Really appreciated.