Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9age??

Default Re: 9age??

Yeh i wasnt sayign it was bad in regards to the balance of the engine, it just your cutting it close to the rings then

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

perhaps the rod needs to be shorter then
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Olde mechanic Carport Converter oldeskewltoy's Avatar

put in a slipper piston and you can have the rings pretty high.........

or something like this?????

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

and i wonder how much thoses pistosn woudl cost, wouldnt be a cheap stroekr kit liek it says on wiki =]

......... Carport Converter jeffro ra28's Avatar

lol..... just cause the skirt profile is as short as that doesnt mean the rings are high. If the gudgeon pin is up beyond the level of the bottom oil control ring the gudgeon is high tho.

P.S. Its not the height of the rings thats counts its the height of the gudgeon pin. There is always a minimum to how high the rings can go. AN easier way would be to onl run one compression ring!

Roadhouse Automotive Encyclopaedia emp?'s Avatar

KE38 - 2TG
    MS65 - 1UZ

Learner Driver Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by -GT-

Your info on teh other hand, is really quite constructive... Can anybody give an answer to the earlier question raised on the relative strength of the 7A block to the late 4A? I know there's more than a couple 7A turbos getting about these days, what sort of power are they holding in with stock blocks?
    I run a sort of stock 7A block. It's bored 0.5mm and dont want to go any further as I believe it would become too weak in the bores.
    Guys we run with bored 4A's out to the max and were always splitting block when getting the HP up.

I have run 450hp atw for a couple of seasons now in the race car, and still on the same block.
    - KE70 Corolla Dx -
    - 500hp+ 7AGTE 20V turbo -
    - MRS/Hayabusa turbo **sold**
    - TA63 3TGTE project in the build -

Learner / modder / Backyard Mechanic PrettyCoolWagon's Avatar

Grave digging an old thread..

FWIW
    Spool now make a 7AGE stroker crank, rod and piston kit that achieves 1901cc
    the crank has the 8 bolt holes to suit the ge and gze flywheels too.
    For $2,590.00

http://www.spoolimports.com/spool-cr...r-billet-crank

http://www.spoolimports.com/spool-st...ool-7afe-7agze

It's a reasonable cost for longevity, strength and peace of mind.

I spent just short of $2k buying gze (8.9:1) pistons, spool con-rods, new bearings, block cleaned, 3 x hardened steel dowels press fit into crank, oil squirters machined into block and getting big and small con-rod ends honed, plus main bearings.

(Still need to get fly wheel and clutch balanced)

For serious streeters, racers, rally, drift etc.. Could be worth the dough...
    4AFE/gearbox issues, 4AGT/ZE replacement changes to fully blown 7AGTE project...
    https://www.facebook.com/gerard.mang...1485304&type=3
    The Corolla 4WD fan club: https://www.facebook.com/Corolla.Ae95.4wd?ref=hl

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

I believe the spool kit results in poor rod/stroke ratio. Less than 1.5 i think.

An other possibility for a crank swap to the 7afe could be the crankshaft from the new 2zrfe engines. This crank has a stroke of 88,3 mm so it would be easier to maintain good rod/stroke ratio. Also the bore/stroke ratio won't be as much undersquare as in the case of the 1zzfe crank. I don't know if the 2zr crank would fit, but from what information i've been able to retrieve from the internett, it seems like the bore spacing is the same. The 7afe from center of first to last cylinder is 40.5+6.5+81+6.5+81+6.5+40.5=262.5 and the 2zr is 40,25+7+80,5+7+80,5+7+40,25= 262,5. So this part of the crank should at least fit if one assumes that the journals are the same 48 mm as the 7afe. Maybe someone could check this out? This crank could take you to 1911 cc with 83mm pistons and using standard rod length would result in rod/stroke ratio of just over 1.5.

Forum Sponsor Domestic Engineer Bazda's Avatar

For those following this topic, we have designed a 9age kit with custom crank, rods and pistons togive 1.9L.
    With a rod/stroke ratio of 1.51:1.

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/mrp...group-buy.html
    1988 Toyota Levin GTZ 10.88 @ 209.57 340kw
    Now 9AGTE 410kw atw
    www.mrpltd.co.nz - Manon Racing Products
    Turbonetics|Custom Coilovers|4/6 Piston custom brake kits|Twin/Triple custom clutch setups|+ MORE
    www.facebook.com/mrpltd - LIKE
    Check out the Toymods Sponsors section for Deals