Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1264

Thread: 3T GTE Tech

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia stidnam's Avatar

Default Re: 3T GTE Tech

Got any specs on that stroker setup? What the stroke?

Learner Driver Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by stidnam View Post
    Got any specs on that stroker setup? What the stroke?
    The car is not mine, It is Dad's new build now we have sold the MRS,
    so I am not sure of the exact specs.
    Will have a look at the box it came in and check and see.

It is probably one of these from this site
    http://toyheadauto.com/PerformancePa...B_2TC_3TC.html
    - KE70 Corolla Dx -
    - 500hp+ 7AGTE 20V turbo -
    - MRS/Hayabusa turbo **sold**
    - TA63 3TGTE project in the build -

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia stidnam's Avatar

That would be the KAMEARI ENGINE WORKS gear. Nice bit of kit

200kw atw swapper Backyard Mechanic TIMTAMS's Avatar

Time to search for motivation to finish my 3TGTE.... Any in here?
    KE55 3TGTE 234rwkw 11.7 @ 119mph
    Suzuki B-King 10.2 @ 135mph
    FPV GT daily SC 5L 390rwkw 11.9 @ 121mph

nuts Grease Monkey

how about a pic? stole from the net.

Q: Has anyone successfully bolted in a 1G-FE vvt starter motor from the altezza/lexus IS200? ie everything clears, plug and cable fit, bolts in and works well?
    Much appreciate an answer. would be easy source of starter if so.
    -Mark
    E2 + E7 fan
    '71 KE26 5k, '75 KE25 SR 4agte, '78 KP60 bug 4k-u, '83 KE70 SR Coupe 3tgte, '84 KE74, '84 YN57, '84 AE85.6, '86 AE82 FXGT 20v, '91 ST185, '92 SW20

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hi all hopefully this works but ive tried goin with a manifold with short intake runners. Epic fail. Same power on less boost but lost heaps of power down low. No extra power up top sorry still cant upload photos. Changed back to my old mani which is standard runners welded to a 4 inch pipe to have forward facing tb. Still maxing out on 210 kw. Everything on the dyno is pointing towards restriction in the heads and compresion being to low.
    Last edited by Dougieta22; 23-09-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Is there still aftermarket support for the 3tgte? Was thinking of picking one up to work on to put in a ta22.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Not if you are not willing to do the search. I just read all 84 pages of information within this section and the information listed here is the best source of information currently available and that took several years for each participant to gather test, fail or learn. Parts are bought and sold based on ones involvement or deciding not to chase this goal anymore. many modifications have to be made in order to complete these builds.

If you have time rather than ask a simple question, I would read all these pages and then make your choices after you have their answers and chase down the leads that were provided. Some members even estimated pricing at that time they posted their cost.

Simple answer, No there is no after market support for the Toyota 3TGTE only community support and their learned experiences.

Yeah I’ve done the reading on this thread. Seeing as though the last post before mine was 4 years ago, I thought it was a legitimate question. I’ve always wanted one and I am now in a position to do something about it. Otherwise I would’ve gone down the 3sgte route.

Quote Originally Posted by Edta22 View Post
    Yeah I’ve done the reading on this thread. Seeing as though the last post before mine was 4 years ago, I thought it was a legitimate question. I’ve always wanted one and I am now in a position to do something about it. Otherwise I would’ve gone down the 3sgte route.
    Better supported engine series that still have parts available, good choice!

However, had you seen this for the 3TGTE? You are lucky, he is within your neck of the world.
    https://sv-se.facebook.com/customple...8725347488443/

I found this online and once again it peaked my interest within building a 3TGTE since I have one sitting on my engine stand. I read those post to find the best substitute for a fix for that ignition system.

I have purchased 80% of everything to rebuild this and It has been a tough time collecting the majority of these items.
    Last edited by 73GTV; 30-09-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Missing the alternator for the one on the engine stand, Have to rebuild the turbo and a good overhaul is required. I've collected my gaskets and a few other items from Sleeka Spares and paid that shipping charge to the USA.. I'm still chasing that dream, just want a better solution to that ignition replacement or distributor rebuild. Since I'm not on Facebook the info the TA22-GT about how he rebuilt his distributor I can't access since I'm quote "Not on Facebook"...

Quote Originally Posted by 73GTV View Post
    Missing the alternator for the one on the engine stand, Have to rebuild the turbo and a good overhaul is required. I've collected my gaskets and a few other items from Sleeka Spares and paid that shipping charge to the USA.. I'm still chasing that dream, just want a better solution to that ignition replacement or distributor rebuild. Since I'm not on Facebook the info the TA22-GT about how he rebuilt his distributor I can't access since I'm quote "Not on Facebook"...

I’m at work at the moment, but when I get home this evening I’ll track that distributor link down and copy it into a format and send it to you. I am on Facebook, but only for research purposes.

https://www.facebook.com/Classic-Cel...7253277080537/

This was the link he had posted, to make it easier for you to find and he stated around June 14 2014 was that date I believe... Cool if it works out!!

Many Thanks!!

Edit: A friend just looked it up and there is very little actual info to assist with this, Please don't waste your good efforts towards this, but still thank You!
    Last edited by 73GTV; 01-10-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 73GTV View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Classic-Cel...7253277080537/

This was the link he had posted, to make it easier for you to find and he stated around June 14 2014 was that date I believe... Cool if it works out!!

Many Thanks!!

Edit: A friend just looked it up and there is very little actual info to assist with this, Please don't waste your good efforts towards this, but still thank You!
    The guy who had Classic Celicas and more has a YouTube channel called Mezzmo Engineering. He changed the name as his videos have slowly moved away from the Celicas into more general stuff. Same guy though. He has a few videos on his 3tgte build and replies quite quickly to any questions.

I had a look for info on Facebook regarding setups and most seem to be going for a direct fire COP system straight to an aftermarket ecu doing away with the dizzy entirely. Toyota Yaris coil packs seem to be the choice at the moment, but r35 packs are being used as a comparison on google. Not sure if they are a direct swap yet, but the research continues!!

Never mind, Thanks for looking and commenting on this topic.
    Last edited by 73GTV; 03-10-2021 at 10:19 AM.