Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.2 litre 1G Stroker kits

she loves me coz im a Conversion King love ke70's Avatar

Default Re: 2.2 litre 1G Stroker kits

as far as i know only standard are available...they are good though from all reports
    MY RIDE, 2 Door LHD KE70 sedan with 1G HKS stroker: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=51760

Punctuation is the difference between 'I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse' and 'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

......... Carport Converter jeffro ra28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    A stock RB25 likes to start throwing rods at around 8500 - 9000RPM...
    As to built engines, my mates, which pushes out 757RWHP, only revs to 8500RPM.
    The RB motor is NOT designed to rev as hard as a smaller motor like the 1G, it is designed to produce torque.
    Seriously headwork is also required to stop the thing from shitting itself in the top end and not opening valves (Hydraulic lifters bleed out at high rpm, needs to be converted to solid lifters)
    The RB in question is 26 dude, they have solid lifters for starters and a completely different port design.
    The 1g has a larger stroke then the rb26 aswell. Increasing the likelyness of the RB 26's to rev harder. If you want to start talking what a motor is designed to rev at, you may want to start with factory redlines of each motor aswell. There is a huge difference betweem a factory motor, and one that has been built to suit certain limits.
    This subject has already gone to far and fucked this thread. Please PM me with arguments.

I would like to apologise to 6BOOST and the readers for even bringing this up. I hope you accept my apology.

I hope you guys can find enough numbers for the kit. It sounds promising to me, and as 6BOOST has said. ALL the work and development as been done for you. The only proven kit available for a 1g. Good luck.

Hung like planet Pluto... Backyard Mechanic Rcubed's Avatar

nope, didn't win lotto this week

Junior Member Grease Monkey

cant do the stroker kit at the mo but am interested in the cams what specs and powerbands we looking at
    Group A 7M MA61

Junior Member Conversion King timbosaurus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ta23-mbzq-nnr
    nope, didn't win lotto this week
    Same!

Great price for the kit, it just means I'd also have to get a new turbo, manifold, ecu... lalalalaa...

And I can't go modifying the engine before it's even in the car

great work 6BOOST!
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST
    1) Red RA28LT (NOW WITH 1G )

Worlds Fastest 1G Backyard Mechanic

Jeffro, the RB26 has a 79mm stroke, the 1G has a 75mm stroke. I think we can put the comparison to rest, it doesn't matter, your experience tells you they can run those rpm's, and thats all that matters

I'm not too concerned about the camshafts at this stage, as most people are scraping together to try an get the stroker, maybe we can group buy them later so that more people can get involved.

6BOOST

Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOST
    Jeffro, the RB26 has a 79mm stroke, the 1G has a 75mm stroke. I think we can put the comparison to rest, it doesn't matter, your experience tells you they can run those rpm's, and thats all that matters

6BOOST
    Without actually having a crank on hand it is impossible to prove for sure.

Google tells me 73.7mm and with the 86mm bore (i know this for sure) Which would make sense as it is a rb26 (2.569 litre).

If it had a 79mm stroke it would be a 2753 cc engine and would probably then be called a rb28.
    Last edited by jeffro ra28; 22-10-2007 at 04:38 PM.

wire jiggler supreme Backyard Mechanic celicapain's Avatar

Talking Re: 2.2 litre 1G Stroker kits

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro ra28

Google tells me 73.7mm and with the 86mm bore (i know this for sure) Which would make sense as it is a rb26 (2.569 litre).

If it had a 79mm stroke it would be a 2753 cc engine and would probably then be called a rb27.
    just to be pedantic and further hijack this thread, with 2.569 litre capacity wouldnt that be an RB25?

anywayz,
    Im really looking forward to having a play with one of these setups, while it does have a little bit of turd polishing factor about it, the 1g is by no means a bad engine, and i like the idea of playing with an engine most people write off out of hand and having it make stupid power at stupid revs
    GA23(never finished-now with cracked block ) JZX83 (Tyre eater) 3sgte AE86. by now i should know better.

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celicapain
    just to be pedantic and further hijack this thread, with 2.569 litre capacity wouldnt that be an RB25?
    The convention is to round to the nearest 10th of a litre, so the above would be 2.6L.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro ra28

If it had a 79mm stroke it would be a 2753 cc engine and would probably then be called a rb28.

Hmmm, weird, I don't know where I got 79mm from then, no wonder the fuckers rev so hard. They would be very similar to the 1G actually, similar length rod and stroke, just far bigger piston. The 26 is a great engine, I'd still prefer a 2J though Now enough blasphemy about nissans on this forum

I'd say there will be some interesting results from people on the forum with this engine. An RB25 has 9:1 compression, this will have about 9.2, and won't be far behind in capacity, plus the 1GG turbo inlet manifold is nice and long for midrange torque, I'd say you'll get similar spool within 200rpm of an RB25, which spools a GT35 with a .82 rear at 4000rpm

whats the valve train in a 1g like? Solid lifters i hope!?

Double post

Yes, the 1G has a solid valve train, valve springs are cheap and stock components are well made and good quality, I would have no issues in taking the stock valve train(albeit with a good quality reco, good guide qaulity etc) to 9500rpm, and did, my old engine that went 9.71 which had stock valves, retainers, collets and buckets, just a big set of sticks and off the shelf Performance Springs, 9600rpm, Loved it The cooling system after 90 seconds AT 9400rpm however, not so loving it

We now have 4 candidates for the stroker guys, 1 more person needed, I'd say we can def get ths pistons here before christmas, I don't really need them for anything, so even if the rest of the kit takes longer to finish or people to save some extra money, you can have your nice shiny pistons sitting on the shelf

6BOOST

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

The pistons are what you need the deposit on isn't it Kyle?
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia SillyCarS's Avatar

edit: wrong thread