Page 388 of 392 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 5874

Thread: For the love of a tractor engine: The life and times of the 18R-G

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: For the love of a tractor engine: The life and times of the 18R-G

Quote Originally Posted by 73GTV View Post

what cams would you guys recommend for motor with 10.5 pistons?

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by exodus View Post
    what cams would you guys recommend for motor with 10.5 pistons?

Ok, here is the page (From Carboy 1983) that has both your 10.5:1 pistons and their recommended cams. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asHLGhHP6ZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5srzJjHhjw

Just in case you need to measure the cams in that engine.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Hey all, I've got an 18RG EFI manifold going spare, came with an engine I bought a while ago that I'm planning to run carbs on. Any idea on what it's worth? I've got a guy trying to buy it and I feel like he's lowballing me. It has fuel rail, throttle body, and AFM to go with, I'm not 100% that the AFM and TB belong but they seem to fit

Anyone is interested for themselves feel free to flick me a pm

Cheers
    Matt
    NZ project: 1976 Toyota Stout, bags, 20's, worked Beams 3SGE, etc
    Aussie project: 1965 Toyota Crown, 22R and some low makes for a nice weekend cruiser.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Matt, for what it is worth, if you don't know the provenance and are not sure that it is an 18rg item, you might not be getting lowballed. You are asking the buyer to take on the risk. There's a few mobs who appear to make new manifolds so maybe the TB and AFM are the critical parts?

Ask yourself how much it is worth for you to decide to hang on to it. Ask the price you want and walk from the sale if you don't get the offer. If you don't have a use for it, what is the value to hang on to it?

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Inlet manifold and fuel rail are definitely 18RG, throttle body definitely bolts up to inlet manifold, but I can't confirm it's the stock one.

Awesome ****** Domestic Engineer Javal's Avatar

It does appear to be a stock one, held upside down in the image. The location of the pipes for PCV / coolant etc is identical to mine. For reference I've seen complete EFI setups with ECU, loom and all sensors go for about $500.
    The 18R-G. The GOOD 2 Litre Tractor motor.

Fustrated DYI mechanic Automotive Encyclopaedia Omegaman's Avatar

hey, just on the above throttle body and 18rgeu EFI. I do have blue std injectors, std ECU and most part wiring harness for sale if required. plus other bits to add.

Also, while im here, anybody got DSM top feed High Imp injectors for sale or swap or other...at least 450cc plus. cheers. let me know.
    edit. just bought 460cc rx7 high imp. thanks.
    Last edited by Omegaman; 16-05-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaman View Post
    hey, just on the above throttle body and 18rgeu EFI. I do have blue std injectors, std ECU and most part wiring harness for sale if required. plus other bits to add.

Also, while im here, anybody got DSM top feed High Imp injectors for sale or swap or other...at least 450cc plus. cheers. let me know.
    Did you just sell that set-up on Ebay?

Junior Member Grease Monkey Pagie84a's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaman View Post

I could be interested in said goodies

How many people here still own 18RG's running or not. Trying to get a head count. Do you own more than one engine?
    I own several and had built three so far and more will be built in the near future.

Last edited by 73GTV; 19-06-2017 at 08:43 AM. Reason: update post

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

I own two. Both are not running. One will be fitted to a RA60R, the other will be the source of sacrificial parts if needed.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

1 running here...

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

RXTOY, obvious bits are correct, the TB looks correct just upside down,( big screw in the top center on other side?),
    however the AFM part # number is for 22RE. Also the RG AFM has the larger opening similar to the 5MGE one,
    that one looks like the smaller opening..

I have several RG's for spares. one is getting built for my 72. N/A for now maybe boost later.
    72 RA21, 77 RA29, 78 RA40, 79 RA42, 83 RA65c, 85 RN60
    81 RA42 race car, 04 F150 supercab tow rig.

Junior Member Grease Monkey Pagie84a's Avatar

I've only got the 1 rg currently building an mg midget around it