Page 340 of 392 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 5874

Thread: For the love of a tractor engine: The life and times of the 18R-G

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: For the love of a tractor engine: The life and times of the 18R-G

Last edited by jabbatron; 27-08-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Fustrated DYI mechanic Automotive Encyclopaedia Omegaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterofsinanju View Post
    Maybe I've missed something, but for Omegaman, isn't the point that he is unsure what is actually the problem?

Replacing the ECU may not fix the problem. Seems to me, that he either starts from scratch with the factory ECU in order to isolate the problem or he goes aftermarket ECU of whatever flavour which may not solve the issue and he goes back through everything else again anyhow.

Is ECU swap a bit of a red herring at this point? (although I like the idea of the ready made SM3, even though I know I'd cock it up and end up paying for a fix).

Megasquirt thread seem to have a lot of useful info, even if I don;t see that the issue has currently been narrowed to the ECU.
    I am mindful of the problem not being figured out yet. Before I embark on another avenue of stand alone. I need to figure out the basics are working.
    I was reading these last pages at home tonight, showing my wife. She said to get whoever needs to come over and
    get this done. No matter the cost. She's so cool.
    I will decide what to do next week.

cheers guys

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by jabbatron View Post
    snippity snip.... saying MS are shit because you do them yourself and fuck up.... snippity snip
    Is that your interpretation of my posts? Please find where I said "MS are shit?" Stop going "A Current Affair" on me putting your own spin on my words.

My point is DIY is open to fuck ups... period! The subject happens to be the MS in this case. It could be anything, but here, in this thread, it's an MS.

I concede that my posts may have given the impression that MS cannot be installed professionally, which is incorrect. Your posts highlight you're interpreting things that were not said.

Yes, I could move this into the MS thread, but it's here and relates to an 18R-G and a fellow member who is seeking help, so it can stay here.

I use my admin powers here like I use my turbo.... rarely. It's nice to have the power in case I need it, but rarely need it.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Last edited by jabbatron; 27-08-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Last edited by jabbatron; 27-08-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Last edited by jabbatron; 27-08-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by jabbatron View Post
    Haha, sorry! Its all good . Im sure we can get his 18rgeu purring in no time, after all it is a tractor motor .
    Agreed. We need more tractor motors running.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

king & queen of cheese Domestic Engineer lilcrash's Avatar

^ my tractor motor is making a pretty good parts holder at the moment, it's very depressing. I just want to see a running motor again
    Looking for a new toy. If you have something 18r powered let me know.

RIP, where ever you are :- 1974 celica, 3tgte and 186.5hp at 6500rpm

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

aquisition of parts RG number 6 is less than a week away

its a complete motor

thats been planted in a feild in hopes that it would grow and produce more RGs

it did not
    Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper

http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

also have found two more running RGs hidden in old hiluxs that cruise around will be asking about availability

and Ryno (TM user name) is finalising the RG in his other halfs Celica we just finnished the EA alt mod and he has a colour tune so not far away from getting that car on the road
    Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper

http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Wow, im not the only one out there still working on the tractor.
    Your all just silent, til you get them going...

Mine was rebuilt 6 years ago, hasn't even got oil in it yet.

Lilcrash, your sig below states yr looking for new toy.
    (Looking for a new toy. If you have something 18r powered let me know.)

that must be like 7 y.o, cause u have toy rebuilt 6 yrs ago.
    whats the delay.? oil???? lol

Yeah I need a car to put it in, that's the delay. The deal is 20 years ago my dad had his 74 rt104 sollen( he bought it in 75 ) he then bought a 75 as a get around, a day after he cancelled the rego his car was found half way down a cliff, he then did all the rust repair and I finally got annoyed at his lack of enthusiam and painted it at work 2 years ago its still sitting as it was after I painted it, anyway about 9 years ago I bought an 18rg for his daily 75, he always wanted one and he loved the power, eventually 8 years ago it got very rusty and the engine came out and went in my 78 that I bought due to our obvious family obsession with the rt104 shape ( we have had 8 in our family ). After a few weeks it spun a bearing and was rebuilt, but the car was sold to a friend cheap just to help him out and he had a minor bingle and just gave the car to the tow truck driver Instead of paying, so I lost my gearbox and a few other bits and pieces, so then I had a nice new motor and no car. 6 years later its sill sitting.
    Last edited by lilcrash; 19-06-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Oh, Wow, not the reason I expected.lol