Thread: Wheel/Mag/Rim PCD, Offset (ET), size etc explained. Tyre size calculator also

broom broom Automotive Encyclopaedia poida's Avatar

Post Wheel/Mag/Rim PCD, Offset (ET), size etc explained. Tyre size calculator also

Hi, i found this website useful in explaining pcd, offsets and other wheel related terms. Couldn't see a like thread in the forums.

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/choose.html

It also has a link to a tyre calculator that lets your decide which larger wheel tyre combo will keep the same diameter.

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

Cheers

Pete

Longs to be a Conversion King RObErT_RaTh's Avatar

Default Re: Wheel/Mag/Rim PCD, Offset (ET), size etc explained. Tyre size calculator also

Good helpful post mate, cheers

the Afterbirth Tycoon Automotive Encyclopaedia PlacentaJuan's Avatar

Default Re: Wheel/Mag/Rim PCD, Offset (ET), size etc explained. Tyre size calculator also

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Question Re: Wheel/Mag/Rim PCD, Offset (ET), size etc explained. Tyre size calculator also

Speaking of wheel sizes etc,

Does anyone out there know of another Toyota that shares the same stud pattern (PCD 100) as the SV21 camry ? I know it's none of the later camrys as they have 114.3 (I think), same as a falcon.

Anyway, the reason I ask is when we bought my wife's camry it had 15" genuine Toyota alloys on it. I have never seen these rims before, and the offset was not correct as the tyres rubbed on the inner guards at full lock, even with spacer discs. Problem solved when I put normal 14" rims on - and the speedo is correct now too.

I'm thinking of selling the rims as they are in top condition with 4 good tyres, BUT, what do they fit?????

Any clues???

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

[QUOTE=ajh]Speaking of wheel sizes etc,

Does anyone out there know of another Toyota that shares the same stud pattern (PCD 100) as the SV21 camry ? I know it's none of the later camrys as they have 114.3 (I think), same as a falcon.

QUOTE]
    Any Celica upto the ZZ#### models have 5 x 100.
    My import Caldina (+ Corona) has the same.

Subaru & Audi also have 5 x 100 but the offsets are slightly different (Audi is closer)

Thanks for that, now I have some idea of what car they might have come from..

Cheers,
    Andrew

Normally Aspirated Domestic Engineer RT104GT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajh
    Speaking of wheel sizes etc,

Anyway, the reason I ask is when we bought my wife's camry it had 15" genuine Toyota alloys on it. I have never seen these rims before, and the offset was not correct as the tyres rubbed on the inner guards at full lock, even with spacer discs. Problem solved when I put normal 14" rims on - and the speedo is correct now too.

I'm thinking of selling the rims as they are in top condition with 4 good tyres, BUT, what do they fit?????

Any clues???

I have a VZV21 Camry 1991 NB Vee-6 which has 15 inch Toyota alloy wheels, they are flat disc with slots around the outer edge, please send me a photo and I will confirm or otherwise. Might buy them off you, where are you? I dont see why they would not fit an Sv21.
    1968 RT40S Corona 1600S series II (restore in progress)
    1973 RT104-MQFG 012604 Corona GT JDM (Owned since 1976 242000 km)
    1989 ST185-BLMVZ-0007199 Celica GT4 JDM (unmolested classic 95000 km)
    2012 ZN-6 86GT (shed find 5000 km in 6 years)

Smile Re: Wheel/Mag/Rim PCD, Offset (ET), size etc explained. Tyre size calculator also

As soon as my camera batteries are charged, I'll send a photo of the wheels. (hopefully tonight)

The wheels did fit the camry in regards to the stud pattern, however the offset is wrong and the centre hole is a sloppy fit on the hub (too big)
    The front wheels had spacer plates in between the rim and the hub, but the tyres (205/65R15) were rubbing hard on the inner guards when the wheels were turned. If I removed the spacer, the wheel would then sit in further and the rim would catch on the brake calliper.( I never actually drove the car like this!)

The rear brake callipers must sit in further because there were no spacers on the rear wheels and they cleared the callipers by about 5mm.

By the way, I live in Victoria Point (Brisbane) QLD.

Cheers,
    Andrew.

Junior Member Grease Monkey ra28_miles's Avatar

does anybody know if there is a chart some where that has all the OEM rim sizing and offset listed?

Its being a royal pain in the ass to find what offset a rn20 hilux rim has.

I've got a rn20 hilux diff fitted to a ra28 celica. The track is 1310mm on the rear. With a 16x6.5 +50 offset i have 40mm smaller track, eg 1270mm. The rims came off a soarer. According to WA law i can increase my tack by 25mm, but the track can not bet shorten.