Thread: 1uz to mk3 supra r154 need shifter extension mod

Forum Member Backyard Mechanic

Default 1uz to mk3 supra r154 need shifter extension mod

hey guys ive finaly got my engine in my mx83... after a cluster fuck of a twin plate clutch install but my next hurdle is that the shifter location is to far forward!

the net has now be clutered full of useless information for the soarer and parts in the states etc and leaves me posting here.

i would normally cut and shut this myself but being a fifo worker my time to work on this has become no existent and i need it going asap

question is does anyone know anyone that would be willing to extend the shifter housing like 2 inch farther back. would prefer to get the work done in victoria but i can post if it gets it done quicker.

my original plan was to use the soarer extension but it would only bring it back 20 mm and i need somewhere between 40 to 50 mm

or does anyone know of anyone that now makes cast extensions now including the extension rod for the selector

cheers Rossco
    mx83 cressy 1uz r154
    8.5 inch quarter master twin plate now installed
    ba/ r33 brake upgrade, bc coilovers, ttt rca now in bits,rays gram lights 17 +22,trd 2 way
    Link g4+ Xtreme ECU e85 custom extractors and zorst

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: 1uz to mk3 supra r154 need shifter extension mod

pretty much your only option is to cut and extent your current one, and you will have to remove the rear housing from the box to get the selector rod out.

we did this for a w58/1uz into mx83, as the remote sits too far back.