Thread: a340e gear selection after wolf v500 install

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default a340e gear selection after wolf v500 install

Hi guys,

I had a query regarding the a340e box, whether anyone has come across it before.

Recently I had a plug and play wolf v500 ecu installed in my 2jzgte powered mx73 cressida with a a340e gearbox.
    Previous to the wolf I had the standard ecu installed and manual gear selection, drive and everything worked perfectly.

Soon as the Wolf ecu was installed, the workshop stated that apparently when manually selection 1-2 gears, that the solenoids are working the other way around.

Drive and everything else works as it should be.

I found this a bit odd, as I tested pinouts e9 e10 (L gear and 2 gear) when manually selecting the gears and there is power getting to both and for the correct gear.

Is there something that I could check or do, to ensure that its working correctly and that they are not pulling my leg.

The other issue is that the car isn't fully going (only starts and thats about it) due only a very basic start up setup, so cannot drive the car anywhere.

Is it even possible that when selection 'L' gear that it actually thinks its 2nd, when the standard ecu recognised it correctly?

I did purchase a mv shift box just incase if it couldn't be fixed, but defeats the purpose of me buying the wolf v500 ecu, as one of its functions is controlling the auto.

My other query also (If i happen to install the shift box) is, can I just wire the shift box straight off the wires on the selector switch.
    Do I cut out any wires off the the loom that go to the wolf apart from S1 and S2 wires? (L gear, 2nd gear, O/D etc).

I will be making Wolf aware of the situation and the workshop will attempt to sort it out, with the assistance of Wolf, but im worried if it can't be sorted I will be looking for an alternate cheaper ECU that will perform my intentions and going the shift box route (even though I don't want to).

Any help is much appreciated, and any troubleshooting advice etc that you could advise.

Thanks
    Barret

dont work in my backyard Domestic Engineer pandaah's Avatar

Default Re: a340e gear selection after wolf v500 install

disconnect it all from the wolf, and ring up mike from mv automatics and get one of his shift controllers for like less than $300, im putting one on an a340e thats going into an aristo and mike reckons its all setup for 10second runs IF the motor can push it down that fast, which it cant cos its standard turbos but thats another story..

i found this method the easiet, simplest and best to way to control an auto, standalone computer and laptop tuneability.. for a small cost!

Official Off Topic KING! Conversion King stradlater's Avatar

I would be surprised if the Wolf can't control the auto - those shift boxes aren't anything fancy, though they do work.

I would be seriously looking at spending some time configuring the wolf properly first. IF it doesn't run an engine properly, who's to say it's configured to run a gearbox? Sounds like it needs some configuration love to me.

Not that I'm an expert in Wolf's.
    Facebook | LinkedIn

1976 RA23 Celica - 1UZFTE ???rwkw - Earlier: 11.6 @ 116.9mph But Now: ??
    2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Coupe - 421kW 0-100 3.1.....
    2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 350 - 200kW...

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

i wouldnt bother with the wolf controling the box. just manual shift it with the box and be done with it. are you 100% sure it was shifting properly? because i remember having my 2j in my commodore years ago and thought it was fine but infact when kev wired it up (had dramas with wiring) he found it was taking off in second and burnt out the clutchs and i done a box. but i thought it was fine at the time and cost me a box when i could have just done the shift box and it not have happened. i wouldnt how ever get rid of the wolf as they are a really good unit and it was the best thing i have bought for my car. im sure ull work it out and be better then ever. then we can have cressida races ron

Junior Member Grease Monkey