Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hilux Brake upgrade, BA rotors,billet hubs,R32 calipers (by 289hilux)

Dreamer Backyard Mechanic millsi's Avatar

Default Re: Hilux Brake upgrade, BA rotors,billet hubs,R32 calipers (by 289hilux)

very nice work!!! im assuming you used the 300mm rotors?? how hard would it be to use the 330mm rotors?

V8 motavation. Grease Monkey 289hilux's Avatar

Default Re: Hilux Brake upgrade, BA rotors,billet hubs,R32 calipers (by 289hilux)

Quote Originally Posted by millsi
    very nice work!!! im assuming you used the 300mm rotors?? how hard would it be to use the 330mm rotors?
    Hey. I reacon if you used the calipers from a Gts with the 320mm rotors it would ge just a simple. You would need 17" rims though.
    Injected 5.0L FORD power in HILUX is the only way forward!
    See my ride here: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/sho...246#post601246

gts?? and im prety sure the larger ba rotors are 330mm. no probs for the wheels, im running 20s.

gts?? and im prety sure the larger ba rotors are 330mm. no probs for the wheels, im running 20s.
    Hi. You need to be carfull when choosing from the nissan calipers.

There are GTst, GTR, GTST, R32, R33, R34. and so on.

The main two things are, 1 rebate to allow the rotor and the lenhgt of the mounting tabs. I belive the largest ones will fit a 310mm rotor.

If you plan this conversion I would say the 298mm rotor is fine. I run a 289 Windsor and C4 and have no dramas with stopping...

Some pic below showing the differances..

Show differance for the rotors..

R34 GTT calipers have longer mounts.

R32 caliper. fits BA 298mm rotor.

Hope this helps..

yeah no probs, i was aware of the difference in calipers. just wanted to know the biggest disc i could fit. so 310mm it is. hmm i wonder what calipers hopperstoppers use for their 330mm kits?? maybe xr6t/xr8??
    planned power ouput will be 400+rwkw so i dont really want to do things twice.

yeah no probs, i was aware of the difference in calipers. just wanted to know the biggest disc i could fit. so 310mm it is. hmm i wonder what calipers hopperstoppers use for their 330mm kits?? maybe xr6t/xr8??
    planned power ouput will be 400+rwkw so i dont really want to do things twice.
    All the kits I looked at used BA rotors and 2 pot AU11 calipers.

Hoppers Stoppers and Sydney Race Brakes. oh eBay sellers as well..
    The starting price was around $1200.00.
    I did mine for $695.00 all new except calipers.

I have around 350Hp at the tread. Plus the extra wieght!.

yeah i think i will go with the 300mm and r33 gtst calipers. i dont see the au11 calipers being as good as the gtst's. and i think the 300mm and gtst's will prob out perform the 330mm + au11 package at around half the cost.

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Quote Originally Posted by 289hilux

Hope this helps..
    that is actually an r33 gtst caliper in the pic, unlike the ones fitted to your vehicle which are r32 gtr. you may need to keep an eye on your pads as you are using a 28mm disc where a 32mm disc should be and once the pads wear down they can cause the rotor to kick.

Firstly I want to thank the person who first came up with this brake upgrade. I imagine there was a lot of messing around and trail fitting to get it to work..
    not sure if i can take the credit but we first did it 3 years ago and nobody had info on it back then (pete fixed that though)

millsi, you should be able to use 330mm rotors if you turn them down to 324mm but you would need to check hat heights and anulus of the pads to be sure, then throw an r33 gtr brembo on there.

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

Hope this helps..
    that is actually an r33 gtst caliper in the pic, unlike the ones fitted to your vehicle which are r32 gtr. you may need to keep an eye on your pads as you are using a 28mm disc where a 32mm disc should be and once the pads wear down they can cause the pistons to kick.

Firstly I want to thank the person who first came up with this brake upgrade. I imagine there was a lot of messing around and trail fitting to get it to work..
    not sure if i can take the credit but we first did it 3 years ago and nobody had info on it back then (pete fixed that though)

millsi, you should be able to use 330mm rotors if you turn them down to 324mm but you would need to check hat heights and anulus of the pads to be sure, then throw an r33 gtr brembo on there.

cheers
    linden
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner
    that is actually an r33 gtst caliper in the pic, unlike the ones fitted to your vehicle which are r32 gtr. you may need to keep an eye on your pads as you are using a 28mm disc where a 32mm disc should be and once the pads wear down they can cause the pistons to kick.

cheers
    linden
    Hi Linden.

I didn`t claim any credit. If you go back to my post the first thing I said was. I would like to thank the people who first did all the hard work getting this upgrade together. Half way down the page.

http://toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30366

As for the pic and text I got that from Peters post. He described the calipers. You may want to go back and check his posts.

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24826

My aim as to put some extra info out there so others may get a idea they can work on and even improve if they want then they can share there outcome with others as well.

The only thing I will take credit for is making the conversion much easier and tidy. The use of the billet hubs. With my version no extra bits are needed like spacer`s and alike. This will make any engineer happy as it all fits up as intended by the manufacture`s.

Thanks Richard..

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner

cheers
    linden
    ok explain what 'anulus' are?
    r33 gtr brembos sound good if i could get some for the right price. does the r33 gtr take a bigger diameter and wider disc than the gtst? or are the calipers the only difference?
    cheers

ive noticed it in pete's posts and informed him but he didn't correct them.

millsi' the r33 gtr uses a 324x30mm disc so a falcon 330mm may possibly be used but id need to check all dimensions first.

pad anulus is the swept area of the pad on the disc

cheers
    linden

cool. the r33 gtr calipers seem to be about $1500. prob a bit out of my price range. can the r33 discs be used on the hilux?

yep but spacers are required.

cool thanks.
    im sure the ba300mm and r33gtst combo will be 11ty times better than the stockers